When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM388: stripped screws...

prdubis

I've received this Radiomir a few days ago and wanted to get rid of the crappy rep strap.

Unfortunately 2 of the lug screws are stripped and turn freely. I can't remove the lug bars and the screw head is not high enough to catch it with a pair of tweezers...

Any idea? I would prefer not to drill the screw heads as I am not good at this kind of stuff. I have a pair of aftermarket replacement screws so no problem to destroy them if needed...

I've received this Radiomir a few days ago and wanted to get rid of the crappy rep strap.Unfortunately 2 of the lug screws are stripped and turn freely. I can't remove the lug bars and the screw head is not high enough to catch it with a pair of tweezers...Any idea? I would prefer not to drill the screw heads as I am not good at this kind of stuff. I have a pair of aftermarket replacement screws so no problem to destroy them if needed...

I have the exact same problem with a brand new 388. I am not sure what is stripped....the screws or the case. Interested to see if there is any guidance provided by this group. I posted a few days ago. Unfortunately this is my only rad and I purchased a new high end strap for it only to find I now can't install it.

Thanks all for the comments

Tomorrow I'll give a try and let you know.

Thinking of removing the opposite screw, removing lug bar and use the remaining one to push up the stripped screw.

I'll tell you if it was the screw or the case that was stripped if by chance I succeed.

if I saw this earlier I would suggest to talk with your dealer regarding replacement. radiomir screws are very sensitive. I had in the past 4 rads and all had problems with screws and lugs.

was thinking about this kw model but no, after your responses, I doubt they managed to make this well

• 2 weeks later...