When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538 big crown finished!

aeromatic

Hey aero, talk to me about inserts... what does your research say about 6538s and tic marks from 0-15?

I prefer the cleaner look of no tic marks, just triangle-10-20.

Nanuq ! yes i love the none tic too , this build is a yuki case and uses gen size inserts same as the 5513s but yuki does not supply them i ordered from wholesale outlets and they sent me the oversized insert that are used by cartel no crown guard watches , raffles and ruhelena have well made inserts but again are oversized and only fit on there cases , i tried looking high and low but unable to find a no tic gen size insert i have thought about shaving one down to fit the yuki case hoping that the edge will be covered by the clip on gen like system ,

Hey aero, talk to me about inserts... what does your research say about 6538s and tic marks from 0-15?

I prefer the cleaner look of no tic marks, just triangle-10-20.

From what i have read the 6538 watches only had 0-15min inserts the no tic marks were 1950s cases like the 6202 , bonds watch must have been in for service and was fitted with an earlier insert , or rolex had some left in stock and used them up before starting on the updated ones i think the worst looking inserts are the milsub 0-60 tic marks just looks so cluttered to me, i like the crown guard subs with the 0-15 tic marks but somehow it does not suite the no guard subs !

That looks really good. I exchanged emails with tiger and I cannot wait to sell a couple of parts to get one if these to compare to my thinned down MBK case.

Keep posting!

Ok Ephry73 !!! like i said my build is a yukiwatch case (i believe) i have ordered a ruhelena dial tudor rose we had to shave the inside of the case from 28mm to accept a 29mm dial and i hope that the tiger will accept one of my 4 eta 2472 movements the yuki case would only accept a 2892 eta which as you know is slimmer and aligns tube/stem perfectly .

the problem with tiger is that he will not do combine shipping i resently wanted to order two of his lolipop big dot seconds hand he charges 8 usd shipping for one and i ordered qty 2 and was charged 8x2=16 usd which i couldent believe it( a feather light seconds hand 2 pc 16usd shipping) so i decided to only order one but still shipping should only have been 4 usd for a seconds hand or free .

Edited by aeromatic

That looks really good. I exchanged emails with tiger and I cannot wait to sell a couple of parts to get one if these to compare to my thinned down MBK case.

Keep posting!

I would love to build a pepsi no cg after the tudor mabe again with a tiger case but have a stainless steel cone sleeve made to be able to fit an aftermarket 26mm gmt dial visual i shoulden be seen just a thought my blue tudor flake had to have fitted a thin stainless steel ring of washer to fit a 26mm dial . ! thanks for the compliment on the build ! what parts are you selling ?