When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona cornet swap opinion

awltoga

The DW coronet is extremely flat and "open" mouthed, so a swap is in order. I found this dj dial in my watch box and I am pondering if it is worth swapping it. To me it looks better, but I am not expert. So, what is your opinion on swapping the coronet from the dj dial to the daytona? Experts?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello,

You have to know the holes for the coronet are not gen-like on the DW dial,

So it will need a bit of precise work to remove the coronet feet, and glue it on the DW dial.

Somebody here have done it on a MQ PN dial, but IMO I would let an experienced watchmaker do this because it's not easy to do

Also, I don't know if it worth the effort to do this on a DW dial...

I was going to do that until I realized that the holes on one are horizontal and the others are vertical. I chickened out figuring I'd likely make a mess of a brand new dial and there wasn't really much difference anyway when you looked at them both together.

I cannot seem to locate it just now, but I posted a thread a few years ago detailing a coronet swap on 1 of my old DW dials. I also used an old (gen) DJ dial as a donor, but I had to remove the 2 existing feet on the gen coronet & cement it to the DW dial because the DW holes placed the gen coronet too low on the dial.