When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dial variations of the Daytona 6262

danielv2000

Funny thing about this photo. If you look closely at the dial, the final "A" in Daytona seems to curve in too close to the subdial. I received this identical dial from MQ and returned it because it looks crooked.

I'm going to go home and flip through my Daytona book. This is interesting...

Funny thing about this photo. If you look closely at the dial, the final "A" in Daytona seems to curve in too close to the subdial. I received this identical dial from MQ and returned it because it looks crooked.

I'm going to go home and flip through my Daytona book. This is interesting...

Not surprised, all of his 6538 watches on the bay have refinished dials that he claims are original, we had a bit of an email war until he disappeared after I showed him irrefutable evidence

Shady character

Not surprised, all of his 6538 watches on the bay have refinished dials that he claims are original, we had a bit of an email war until he disappeared after I showed him irrefutable evidence

Shady character

I was starting to think I had sent MQ back a rare gem!!!

How do these guys manage to stick around??

Because some consider his dials to be the best aftermarket options available. Remember, though, that these guys are selling illegal contraband & they are not made by for-profit dealers, not critical collectors.

I was referring to Robert Marron. I appreciate the existence of MQ!!!

I was referring to Robert Marron. I appreciate the existence of MQ!!!

Sorry, I misunderstood the reference. In the case of Maron, he, like most of the big name auction houses, is not infallible.

As to the alignment issue cited above, I have a handful of others in my pic archives with slightly misaligned text (the dial looks gen to me)

RX6262-DAYTONA-PND-STEEL-01.jpg?13824019