When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My second Sea Dweller review

Chrononna

Well, since last time I got my first Sea Dweller DEEPSEA CHALLENGE for my trial to unlock the door to watch hobby. I admit I’m indulged. So here comes my second purchase, also the Sea Dweller, but a standard DEEPSEA Sea Dweller of 44mm (my last one is 52 nearly and see the first review here).

Firstly, a side by side pic of my two babies. Clear size difference, huh?

DSC_5079_zpsba3e2023.jpg

DSC_5139_zpsfab2aab1.jpg

Actually, except from the dimension, most the other parts are quite alike, like the material, technics of watch parts. But here I’m going to specify…

The standard DEEPSEA Sea Dweller, applied a helium escape valve at left side of the watch, which somehow approximately being an ornament for my replica since I would never wear my replica to deep sea diving, moreover, I am not dive. Whatever, the standard DEEPSEA Sea Dweller shows a thinner case and sapphire crystal than my last DEEPSEA CHALLENGE. Sides of case as well as the bracelet are carefully polished, presenting a better craftsmanship.

DSC_5116_zps7fcd0e6e.jpg

DSC_5129_zpscb76d9c5.jpg

Sorry to display the blur lume pic, apologies for my poor photography. But somehow it obviously glows out beautiful blue color, whereas pretty much close to the lume of gens. Average Sea Dweller replicas are mostly like exude weak green light. Therefore, I am consent with this part.

DSC_5141_zps10207fd8.jpg

I have checked gen pic of DEEPSEA Sea Dweller online, and found some subtle differences between my DEEPSEA Sea Dweller and gens: 1. the top pearl (here I rotated it to 1 o’clock occasionally) appears slightly flat and thinner. 2. Three plateaus on crown of my replica seem wider and bigger. 3. Also the most important one spot that the movement of my replica is assembled with a supercloned Asian 3135 movement, but with much better polish than my last purchase, though not able to rival with gens, but actually keeping time at -9s per day, which is more accurate than my first DEEPSEA CHALLENGE as well.

DSC_5120_zps4207fc82.jpg

DSC_5118_zpsefbada92.jpg

DSC_5134_zps88faf911.jpg

DSC_5136_zps5f735f69.jpg

Simply from the outlook, like the solid stainless case, sapphire crystal and the almost identical dial, this watch is really hard to identify without a gen watch pic or entity for comparison or through any untrained eyes, like me. hehe…

DSC_5123_zps805ddab1.jpg

DSC_5124_zps05f31534.jpg

Thus, all my review about this watch is done from my own limited watch insight. Any points out and advice are welcomed.