When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

early chronograph

raberto1

hello my name is robert
sorry to bother you but this is a long shot as i am struggling for info .  
i have a dogma chronograph with black panda dial .
i have been searching the net with not much luck the only site i have found any real reference to it is on a site called sometimeagofinland but it has a different coloured dial and the back of that watch is different . looking about for dogmas in general i found out that they were made by Arthur Dorsaz & co La Chaud de Fonds CH. Company founded 1860 and supplied germany with watches in ww2  and still were in existence in 1966 but cant find any later references to the company and only one other watch i have found is a diver from 1968 . in my dogma the movement is a valjoux 7733 which i think was made from 1969-1978 but there was a change made to it in 1971 . there were  3 different reset hammers this one seems to be the first version before the change was made in 1971 .
would this watch be classed as a rare watch as i cant find any photos or reference to this watch and if so would there be any value because of rarity if so how much is it worth

search youtube for clip   DOGMA VALJOUX 7733 REVERSE PANDA DIAL 69-71 CHRONOGRAPH

thanks in advance

regards robert

post-57839-0-86990700-1382554303_thumb.j

post-57839-0-50985700-1382554308_thumb.j

post-57839-0-81876400-1382554315_thumb.j

post-57839-0-44577300-1382554329_thumb.j

post-57839-0-37682400-1382554335_thumb.j

I'm sorry I can't help you with information but it looks a lovely watch and well worth getting restored.

There's a few members here that have restored old watches for others and made a very good job of it.

The problem is, back in the 1950's and 60's up until the Japanese introduced Quartz watches, there were literally hundreds of small to mid size watch manufacturers. The advent of the Quartz watch, which was cheap, dead accurate, and primarily trouble free, destroyed the mechanical watch industry. Most of the small manufacturers, especially those producing inexpensive watches which competed directly with the Japanese, went under. When they closed, they for the most part simply ceased to exist. Old records were lost or destroyed, and the only thing remaining are a few survivors. Go on ebay and search "mechanical chronograph watch". There are hundreds, and a whole lot of them are brands that you never heard if, simply because they disappeared many years ago. These watches are not rare, that particular brand might be, but you will see plenty with the same type case, same movement, just a different name on the dial. Only worth what the average going price is for obscure brand chronos from that era.