When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A7750 abruptly started running fast

William Campbell

I have an Omega SMP Pro Chrono that is about 3 months old. After half a dozen tries adjusting the lever that makes it run faster or slower ( sorry, I don't know what it's called),

I had it working virtually perfect for about a week and a half. All of a sudden, in one day, it ran a minute fast, and is gaining one minuter per day. I didn't do anything to the watch, even at night, it was positioned the same way: dial up. What would cause this?

Either the spirals of the hairspring on the balance are touching each other or adjoining components, or you may have misaligned the location of the hairspring between curb pins. If you find issues with the former, you may be able to correct them. However, if there is a problem with the curb pins, I would take the watch to a watchmaker.

After half a dozen tries adjusting the lever that makes it run faster or slower ( sorry, I don't know what it's called),

If you don't even know what the regulating bars are called, you should not really be anywhere near them my friend.

As Freddy states, could be a number of things now.  Did you move the correct regulator, or both?

reg_lever.jpg

If you don't even know what the regulating bars are called, you should not really be anywhere near them my friend.

As Freddy states, could be a number of things now.  Did you move the correct regulator, or both?

reg_lever.jpg

I moved the correct one and it was working almost perfect. For over a week, I did not have to adjust the time. Then overnight it was 1 minute fast.