When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clark's New 25-295-C-2 crystal

JoeyB

I just today received and installed Gary Clark's new crystal in my 16710. My 16710 uses the 16570 case modified per  bklm1234 tutorial. I used the bezel from Clark's along with his crystal.   http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/144657-making-a-gen-style-16710-case-out-of-a-16570-case-and-tw-bezel-assembly/page-2

Gary has been working on making his crystals as perfect to gen as possible. Up until now all the after-market crystals were 2.0mm thick, while genuine Rolex is 1.8mm thick. Well, Gary finally has the 1.8mm crystal, and it is really nice. Noticeably and flawlessly clearer to me than the old one, and the mag looks to be quite accurate. This will fit the 16610 and 16710. With his old crystal I used the 2.35mm gasket to get the proper height. With the new crystal I used the 2.85mm, which is the same as gen. Gary said he had no idea which gasket would fit the cartel case with his after-market bezel. Looks like the combination is a good one. Clark's crystals do not have the etched crown at 6 o'clock, which is what I want for my 'K' build. The etching started in 2003. This 16710 has come a long way, being my first buy as a 'Retro' from Joshua when I came to the forums years ago. I almost followed By-Tor's lead and bought a gen, but I like this one better  because I built it!    :whistling:   

post-16926-0-88302900-1384902093_thumb.jpost-16926-0-96219500-1384902109_thumb.j

Sounds like a great alternative for rep builds like the 16710 and the 16610/3 . I would love to see someone make a really good aftermarket crystal with the AR'ed Cyclops, but I suppose that's wishful thinking.

Gary will have the AR'd crystal soon, if not already. The problem will be no etched crown at 6 o'clock. I told him we wouldn't tell Rolex... :nono:

I don't know.what Rolex is doing.  But I've always maintained that gen owners don't always keep their watches 'stock'. And we know they still make, and Clark's still sells, the sapphire conversion kit for the acrylic crystal models. So, having the crystal you want should be just fine. 

Do the Rolex service crystals (AR'ed) have the etched crown. With or without, I would love to Have one on my 16613. May not be OK, but I was under the impression Rolex was replacing the non Ar crystals with new ones with AR?

All AR crystals have LEC service or not. If it's service it will feature the S inside the coronet

• 2 weeks later...