When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you help me name this Movement?

payhomage

Found a Pan replica i want to buy and this is what the back looks like

On the listing it says: Asian Seagull Unitas Automatic mechanical , 25 jewels, Power reserve 48 hours.

Is that a good movement? What would be the average price of a Pan rep with that movement type?

Thank you for responses!!

post-57659-0-62745800-1384933995_thumb.p

Looks like the A2892. Not sure the going rate for watches equipped with this one but I think the quality is on par with the other 28xx series clones.

Thanks Krp,

I found a homage of this a Pam on eBay and it has this movement, just want to confirm its movement type.

Looks great, thinking of ordering it as well as a gen dial and work on a new project.

Thanks again !

Thanks Krp,

I found a homage of this a Pam on eBay and it has this movement, just want to confirm its movement type.

Looks great, thinking of ordering it as well as a gen dial and work on a new project.

Thanks again !

I wouldnt put that movement on a gen dial if that is what you mean mate.....

Those movement sell for around $30 tops and can be got for $15 and less... most watchsmiths dont service these as they aint worth it... its easier to replace it...

Here is a link to several examples of Chines movements..you will see yours above for $25 :)http://www.ofrei.com/shop-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi

As a movement they can be great workhorses and can last a loing time but as with most Chinese movemnts its down to quality in build etc and can be equally as bad as they can be good..

Another interesting point is that these are made under license by one chinese company however other chinese companies make copies of them.... !! So you dont always get what you think... sounds familar ?? :)

If you want that movement I have one you can have which is just laying about... :)