When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my new PAM 187 show off

umairarif

Always liked the Bigger subs....

These are lovely OTB reps and with a few simple mods they can be great...but regardless still great reps...it was this or the Fiddy or MM up until recently but I am starting to like a lot of the new rep 47 subs that are starting to come along... and that are soon to be released..

At least it adds to the choices which is never a bad thing :)

Congrats and wear it in good health :)

Always liked the Bigger subs....

These are lovely OTB reps and with a few simple mods they can be great...but regardless still great reps...it was this or the Fiddy or MM up until recently but I am starting to like a lot of the new rep 47 subs that are starting to come along... and that are soon to be released..

At least it adds to the choices which is never a bad thing :)

Congrats and wear it in good health :)

I mostly dont get the short words or names used on the forums like above you said fiddy-MM- 47 subs. what mods can be done to it?

thankyou

I mostly dont get the short words or names used on the forums like above you said fiddy-MM- 47 subs. what mods can be done to it?

thankyou

There is a sticky thread in this section that lists some basic PAM words and terms that might be useful  mate....  Have a look and read...

Fiddy is slang word for fifty...which in turn refers to the style of case first seen in the Vendome era on the 127 which had "1950" on its dial and used a fifties style case..hence Fiddy, it was an homage to the classic vintage PAMs of the fifties and sixties..

MM refers to the destro (left handed) version of the 127 which was the 217...it is sometimes called the Marina Militare again it is on its dial it also has a fifties case and is an homage by OP to the vintage PAMs of the fifties/sixties hence why both have REG TM on the CG as this was first designed and Trademarked in the early fifties... (Basically ;) )

Mods on these 187s vary but generally the common one is to redo the pearl and lume the hands to match the gen.... the rep hand and markers match but on the gen they are different colours (basically ;) )

personal choice mate.... I never bother... as even after it dont take much to undermine it generally

On another note ..be very gently with the quick date change.... if you can... avoid using it... they are reknowned for breaking and you wont fix it.... I think someone like Domi can make it more robust as long as its still working...

If you water proof then get that Quick change function sorted first as best you can .. as if you dont you will have wasted your money on WP

On another note ..be very gently with the quick date change.... if you can... avoid using it... they are reknowned for breaking and you wont fix it.... I think someone like Domi can make it more robust as long as its still working...

So there has been no improvement on this since the launch? I've been waiting, thinking they would eventually sort it out. Bummer.