When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eternal Dilemma : Go for the best homage or buy a second hand gen watch?

panasol

I'm facing a dilemma here...
I decided to narrow down my collection from 9 rep watches to 4 in order to afford a holy grail of mine..maybe the best 3646 out there with a Gordon's case and a serviced 320 movement etc etc...
I've been in the rep community for almost 3 years now and it's by far the best one I've ever seen..the price for this beauty is very high but with some cuts here and there , I can afford it.I sold 2 watches , I will sell 2 or 3 more and I'll be able to raise my budget...

Here's come the "problem"..with that price tag , I can buy a second hand gen navitimer breitling or a gen used corum bubble or even a graham watch(all these used for 4 or 5 years)...Or even a brand new Enzo Machana watch.....

which way would you choose?which path would you take....?

I'm facing a dilemma here...

I decided to narrow down my collection from 9 rep watches to 4 in order to afford a holy grail of mine..maybe the best 3646 out there with a Gordon's case and a serviced 320 movement etc etc...

I've been in the rep community for almost 3 years now and it's by far the best one I've ever seen..the price for this beauty is very high but with some cuts here and there , I can afford it.I sold 2 watches , I will sell 2 or 3 more and I'll be able to raise my budget...

Here's come the "problem"..with that price tag , I can buy a second hand gen navitimer breitling or a gen used corum bubble or even a graham watch(all these used for 4 or 5 years)...Or even a brand new Enzo Machana watch.....

Get the one that means more to you. Don't go gen for gen's sake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I have only one DSN 111 homage and just got a new TC 16610lv. I'm already thinking to get a gen 16610. Because no matter how good the reps are, sorry to say that, but they stay reps and will allways know this. So in your case I would go for one nice gen and have it for life.

Cheers from Switzerland

Alex

thanx for your replies guys...

I still haven't decided what to do...

I'm closer to the 3646..believe it or not , it's gonna be easier in the future to sell it than the breit or the corum...plus , it's one of a kind...no second will be made..at least not with those specs...