When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO rep Titanium made from Stainless question

amptor

So I found this beautiful new 42mm Omega and was thinking about pulling the trigger. Then I realized something.  Full solid titanium case and bracelet.  Well... then I thought about it, these reps aren't made out of titanium now are they?

What do you guys think.  Should I just get the stainless steel version of the rep or the titanium with the clear case back?  It is starting to seem kinda silly to get a titanium watch that has no titanium whatsoever in it, however it has some aesthetics that the other 42mm watch lacks (different crown and I'm not sure what else on the top, and the clear case back but you'll barely look at that anyway while having the watch out of the box).

Yes but what I am saying is, the titanium rep is made from stainless steel.  Shocking?  It is not shocking, I mean for $300 you aren't going to expect to get real titanium.  That metal is expensive. 

Bones, are you claiming that they really used Titanium in the rep factory for this watch?  I find that very hard to believe.  Trevor told me that this watch is made out of stainless steel.

Edited by amptor

So it appears that these reps are in fact titanium.  I thought that the second poster was bullshitting me and when I saw the next two I did a forum search and sure enough, people are claiming that they are receiving titanium watches.

WTF! that is good news!  I always wanted a titanium watch.  But who should I buy from?  I don't know who has the best price and trevor said to negotiate but he avoids the subject entirely lol.  Maybe I should just go with another dealer?  I forgot which dealer I liked.  I know Robbie is great but his prices on super reps are quite high normally so who am I left with...hmm... marvelous if they are still around or maybe what's it called... asia7750 (I know I probably misspelled that, it is a movement name but also a web site).

thanks guys for the help, you helped me big.

Really, we are telling you it's made with titanium.

You can by gen titanium watches for under £50.

I have both the SS CrPO & Titanium CrPO and trust me they are both not made out of SS, as one weighs half the weight. PS the titanium has a lovely grey finish and wears great. At first it felt cheap, then after a few days it just feels modern

Edited by Jonny2400

Thanks now to figure out which dealer I want to use as I am unsure at this point.  I'll think about it a while.  They are all sleeping right now anyways.

This is a really cool find, thanks to everyone for the help again.  Really cool.  right now I do own v4 and v5 orange PO and this watch is a perfect example of what a replica should be.  I like these planet oceans better than any other brand I own.  Titanium is cool

also I know what you mean by feeling cheap. I held a gen that the guy at an AD took out of the box for me to look at, it was a SS 007 edition black dial seamaster.  The packaging looked cheap (plastic) and after he handed it it felt like holding a toy because the edges were so nicely cut and the bracelet was flowing down my fingers really nicely.  Still, after the fact it felt really nice to hold and was an excellent time piece.  So it just takes a little after thought to know what you have.  And with these reps, you are getting a pretty decent piece for a super rep when you pick out the right omega... some people on here really enjoy the ProPlofs also and such for example, they're cool although they look a little weird but it is a nice watch.

fair enough.  initially I didn't want black and people are happy with the blue.

only last thing I am wondering.. what is all the talk about faded bezel?  does that affect this watch?  (I mean, does it affect the titanium 42.5mm planet ocean with blue dial and blue bezel) ?

• 3 weeks later...
I can't seem to find this watch in 42mm with black dial. I found one dealer with it with blue dial and blue bezel. I would prefer all black for this time.
FYI yes it's real titanium and watch out for the noobfactory version since they jus released the black and orange CrPOs, 42mms not yet out, i am waiting for the 45mm Titanium CrPO Noob Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Edited by jsizzie_2004

FYI yes it's real titanium and watch out for the noobfactory version since they jus released the black and orange CrPOs, 42mms not yet out, i am waiting for the 45mm Titanium CrPO Noob

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Not sure about noob factory version, I am assuming they wouldn't be able to manage a decorated movement unless I'm not correct.

I'm still not sure who I want to order this 42mm from since a guy pmed me but the shop he recommends cannot produce this model and Trevor says he has it but he doesn't have it listed on his site.  The price is much more than I normally pay for an omega rep, last time I got a 5th gen I think it cost about $100 less.

They may come out with it in a future batch but I would imagine that's unlikely. The AR coating on the crystal is supposed to be better though (not that the AR on the BP isn't excellent) and I would imagine the dial and bezel will be closer to the colour of the gen. Again, the colour of the BP is very close, but not perfect. I bought my 45mm CrTi from Trusty and although everything worked out ok in the end (following a replacement bezel that I had to pay an extra $20 for), I would recommend Ryan @ InTime. I don't think he is a TD here yet, but he is at RWI and has had extremely positive reviews. See his section there for more info. His QC photos are some of the best and he is always very understanding when helping you to get a rep you are happy with. Plus his prices are very competitive. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ya intime didn't have the 42.5mm and doesn't seem to be able to source the watch.  I thought the 45 and 42.5 were made by the same factory so I'm not sure why they don't sell it.  I would check with Robbie but his prices tend to be high on super reps opposed to most TDs.  I also checked with a contact of mine in shenzhen, that was a dead end.  They wanted more money than any TD on this board haha.  Trusty has been around for many years and that is probably the most dependable one of these although I have heard good things about intime.  I got my 5th gen from a site that is no longer listed and I forgot what it was called.  it was similar to marvellous as far as I recall and they sent me a youtube video of the watch so I could check it out before they shipped.  That was pretty good service.  I like that 5th gen, also like my 4th gen.  I think my 4th gen has a better movement in it than the 5th.but I am considering selling the 4th gen because I don't seem to need duplicate watches and that could fund another rep.

They may come out with it in a future batch but I would imagine that's unlikely. The AR coating on the crystal is supposed to be better though (not that the AR on the BP isn't excellent) and I would imagine the dial and bezel will be closer to the colour of the gen. Again, the colour of the BP is very close, but not perfect.

I bought my 45mm CrTi from Trusty and although everything worked out ok in the end (following a replacement bezel that I had to pay an extra $20 for), I would recommend Ryan @ InTime. I don't think he is a TD here yet, but he is at RWI and has had extremely positive reviews. See his section there for more info. His QC photos are some of the best and he is always very understanding when helping you to get a rep you are happy with. Plus his prices are very competitive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by amptor