When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another 351...

PeteM

Frickin nice mate! Im still in doubt between a 312 or a 351...

Wear her in good health

Thanks mate... but this will go in the PAM rep museum with the others :)

:)

A friend and I each have ordered pam351's and he has the kw version on the way and I have ordered the z factory.

One thing that I have noticed is that the wording appears to be a wrong colour on the kw version.

What do others think of which is the most correct?

The first image and highest quality image is the panerai web site image. The second double image is the kw and the final is the z factory from puretime.

Thanks for your comments and input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-59591-138628887954.jpg

post-59591-138628890285.jpg

post-59591-13862889156.jpg

I have the KW351, and to me it looks like it's the best version overall.

If you look at the pictures posted in the start of this tread, the space between the Lugs at 6 o'clock is not the great shaped!

I also think the finish of the Hands on the KW looks better, but this is only from what I can see in different pictures. ;)

The movement on the KW version is way better than the Z version!

But I'm sure both look great on the wrist. :)

I look forward to the review: KW vs. Z version. ;)

There are a number of differences in both versions..and generally guys that own both are saying similar comments in respect of the differences...

The consensus so far is that the Crystal/AR and hands plus the CG are better OTB on the ZF... of course the KW does suffer with a low CP and slightly incorrect pin OTB but given these are easy fixes and putting that aside the overall finish of the cases etc on the KW is better...and of course the movemnet is far better on the KW in so far as the jewels are painted on the ZF...

The dial is wrong on both of them compared to the gen and is probably the easiest tell on the wrist but I would suggest most if not all guys would need the gen next to it to spot it... the berlac typeface as mentioned above seems to be slightly thinner on both reps (like most current PAMs) but again you would need the gen to be sure .. the colour of the berlac is the same as most other gen PAM models and probably the easiest comparison is the 111..as that is best known ...the panatone/colour should appear white and off white depending on the light and angle of the dial so one pic cannot really say whether it is correct or not... and you should never use any OP catalogue or OP site pics for comaprison as they tend to be PSd etc and so arent really accurate to how it would look on the wrist... another detail to understand with the colour of the gen OP dials is that although they are called tobbaco or brown they tend to have a brown/black look..so in some pics the colour can look black or dark brown in others in can look more of the tobacco..it is the same of models such as the 267 and 203 etc..howver if you compre the gen of the 267 and 203 (I have been lucky enough to have both gens) then you can see that the extent of that black effect can very slightly abd the 203 was brown more often in pics than the 267 was which was more black..I know it sounds ridiculous when describing the colours but the only way to understand those dials is to hold them in your hand... pics can make the same watch look like a completely different model and even different details so comparing 2 different models is even harder to be definitive on the basis of pics you can only get a guide with hopefully a strong indication but no more)

The cases are equally good or equally bad...as in they both have flaws to the gen and neither stands out as better or worse in terms of shape...however the KW certainly appears to be better finished most notably the coloured finish (mirror finish) on the bezel and the satin brushing on the case..... now this could be a QC issue for ZFversions and it maybe that you find some wiith better finishing than others but overall the KW is the better...

The KW CG also has some small differences in terms of the definition of the REGTM and the shape and positioning of the pin comapred to gen...the Zf appears better generally but again comapred to gen they both have minor differences...

Ale also said that the lume on the KW is not very good and the lume would appear better on the ZF but each still dont match the quality of the gen... same with cutouts etc

Overall the differences of both from the gen are there on both and probably the same overall...so whether you choose the Zf or the KW is really a subjective choice as neither out the box are better than the other.... I say subjective as it depends which flaws you can live with and which flaws you cant...and in turn if you will be looking to mod it... so if you cant live with say the low CP and poorer AR and dont want to mod it then choosing the ZF would make sense..if you arent bothered by the CP and prefer the finish and movement say on the KW then choosing that would be the way to go...

So from the general comments made by guys you can safely pick either version and know you will be getting a great OTB rep....

The other models in the 300 series do vary and the differences are also there too..for exmple on the KW 312 the CP is correct so that consideration isnt there..like it is here

Personally if it was me making a choice i would pick the one I could get the best price on or best deal overall with shipping from a dealer... but luckily I dont have to make that choice as I will have neither ...the only PAM I will be buying from the ZF or any maker is the 382 other than that I will stick with frankens and one off builds ;)

For example if you go to one of the bigger dealers you will pay around $398/388 plus $45 shipping for the KW and around the same money for the ZF maybe around $378/388 plus $45 shipping but if you go to Mary or Sead you can see they sell them for around the $350 mark... with $25 for shipping... so smaller dealers will get better deals however stock is more of an issue as of course the Turk and Angus both get preferential stock allocation on the KW and ZF respectively...

I think Sead (supermirrors) has a ZF351 in his section for $359 plus $25 (EMS) I think its $15 for HK registered... so for me that would be the choice though if he offered the KW for the same I might have to spin a coin to choose...

Remember with any small dealer they dont have a site etc so you need to contact them direct using thier links/emails in their sections...thenask them for the best prices including shipping etc  :)