When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions on the Polprof Rep

M0nty

No matter what a watch reps, I would never take it for granted that it is water resistant. At the very least have it tested. The biggest problem is most fairly inexpensive testers will only allow you to test to around 5 atmos. Many will only go to 3 atmos. This is adequate for hand washing, splashing around in the shallow end of the pool or maybe snorkeling, if you just paddle around on the surface. It will not be sufficient for scuba to 60-80 feet. Not to say that a watch that passes a 5 atmos test wouldn't pass a 10,15, or 20 atmos test, but if it hasn't been tested, For higher pressures, I wouldn't press my luck.

I know that there are others that don't agree with me, but I have a pressure tester, and about half my reps have failed a 3 atmos test, and some of those were dive watches!!

I did a quick thread the other week on this Plop that I bought, serviced and refinished. It's a great watch, runs really well, happy to get wet (not diving though unles checked) and great value for money. I particularly like teh Sharks tooth bracelet and deployant buckle. At the price to teh link you have what can go wrong!

AJ

post-48021-0-28974300-1386336983_thumb.j

post-48021-0-99631300-1386336993_thumb.j

post-48021-0-85107000-1386337005_thumb.j

post-48021-0-85947400-1386337018_thumb.j