When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch David Kicked Off Ebay

cls

This is interesting. In recent weeks, I've noticed as many as a dozen 6263 case sets concurrentlyh listed on eBay...For the past several days, there've been 0.

It could be a new day for rep parts on eBay.

GAF has the right to cancel any auction they want. They canceled one of my auctions a while ago and sent me threatening letters, even though there was no evidence in my auction text, that the submariner dial I was selling was not a singer dial.

GAF has the right to cancel any auction they want. They canceled one of my auctions a while ago and sent me threatening letters, even though there was no evidence in my auction text, that the submariner dial I was selling was not a singer dial.

Hmm ... so you were selling a replica as genuine or an actual genuine?

Hmm ... so you were selling a replica as genuine or an actual genuine?

Not to be rude, I dont think that is any of your business, but since you are so nosy, it was a genuine dial I bought for my Sub, but since I started a different project (next to various other project that are unfinished yet) which was already money-consuming enough, I tried to sell it and then sold it to someone who contacted me after my auction was pulled (for a little profit actually)

You will see things like this more often. Tiffany & CO. is currently trying to sue ebay for allowing the sale of rep. Tiffany pieces. I can't remember the exact figures but T&C found something like 120 out of 180 items being sold with their name on them were fake.

Of course ebay is taking the stand that they have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any item sold, as they are only a medium to connect the buyer and seller.....much like the original Napster defense. I do see there logic as ebay themselves do not gaurentee anything being sold there, if you think about it T&C might as well sue the state of NY for all the sidewalk pedaled knock offs.

its not ebay who pulls the auctions, its GAF, GAF has their own account and they are capable of pulling EVERY auction they want, without any reason

this is also the reason, why I doubt anyone can sue eBay, because eBay gives those accounts away to the trademark owners

its not ebay who pulls the auctions, its GAF, GAF has their own account and they are capable of pulling EVERY auction they want, without any reason

This can't be true. If it is, it seems to me that GAF ought to be careful of whh auctions they pull. I an't imagine that hey have a right to pull an auction of someone selling an autentic rolex part. If they think they do I hope they pull the auction of someone with pockets deep enough and a temper bad enough to fight it. Can you imagine what would happen if a court upheld the right of companies to use their brand name copyright to prevent the sale of used parts? Think about it: cars, computers, anything. It would be chaos.

Slay, do you have a copy of the pics and auction test you used? I'd love to see what GAF thinks gives them the right to stop the sale of a genuine Rolex part.

This can't be true. If it is, it seems to me that GAF ought to be careful of whh auctions they pull. I an't imagine that hey have a right to pull an auction of someone selling an autentic rolex part. If they think they do I hope they pull the auction of someone with pockets deep enough and a temper bad enough to fight it. Can you imagine what would happen if a court upheld the right of companies to use their brand name copyright to prevent the sale of used parts? Think about it: cars, computers, anything. It would be chaos.

Slay, do you have a copy of the pics and auction test you used? I'd love to see what GAF thinks gives them the right to stop the sale of a genuine Rolex part.

You read the terms when you joined Ebay? I have no doubt it is covered somewhere in there... along with everything else such as alien attacks in the catch-all.

Of course ebay is taking the stand that they have no obligation to verify the authenticity of any item sold, as they are only a medium to connect the buyer and seller.....much like the original Napster defense. I do see there logic as ebay themselves do not gaurentee anything being sold there.

Yeah, I think the standard under the DMCA and other related IP laws in the US is that the middleman website traffics substantially in non-infringing transactions and is diligent to remove any potentially infringing materials, not that fake stuff is available at all. Under that fairly loose standard, prosecuting ebay is tough unless it blows off requests to remove auctions blatantly of counterfeit goods.

Its slay, not some noob - I think he is just a little offended; he has been around forever and would never pull such a scam (at least I don't think he would).

No, I would not, because it sucks getting a fake item, if you were assured that the item was genuine (see my memory stick desaster).

Everytime I sold stuff that was aftermarket, I told ppl so.