When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help-Customs-possible seizure at halfway point?

yourlefttoe

Hi guys hope you guys don't think its preposterous for an uninitiated forum noob to post this thread here but hoping if ppl could help me with a problem- as I believe there are more Australians here? If they could give me some advice? This is a cross post from RG-

Hi I recently ordered a pam 127 from a TD here who sent the watch by EMS from Guangzhou to Australia on the 6th December. It arrived in Kuala Lumpur this morning(10thDec) and scanned as "arrival at sort facility". 1 minute after this event the update is scanned "handed over to customs"!!! I am panicking here as it wasnt cheap and I wanted to gift this to myself as a Xmas present. I have ordered several times from TDs here without any problems previously. I just have a few questions: - what does the latest scan update mean. Does it mean Malaysian Customs have taken my watch and Will destroy it as its a rep? Or is this a routine scan event. - if the target delivery address is in Australia, why is Malaysian customs even looking at it. it is not ending up there? Finally if it turns out the watch is finished will the TD send me a new one(if i ask nicely)? Thank you all for your help post-49978-138668555563.jpg]
Edited by yourlefttoe

It's standard. Well, when the package comes into your own country it's standard, I haven't heard it happening half way along before, but that may be usual for Aus?

Loads and loads of people have seen this "Received by xxx Customs",

I think a random sample of packages are picked off the conveyor belt and sent to customs.

Most just have their import paperwork examined and customs duties worked out depending on the value on the paperwork.

A tiny fraction are opened and the contents checked.

It seems that most packages can spend from a couple of days to a few weeks in customs, there's no telling.

All you can do is wait and hope! Or what most of us do, forget about it, and when it does come it's a nice suprise :)

As janeto says, it all goes through customs. just like when you arrive back in your country from abroad, you have to go through Passport control first then customs. Every package goes through, some that are suspicious may be opened, some are just run through the X-ray scanner to check the contents against the customs declaration. Some may be seized, but that is generally pretty rare, except in some countries that check packages from China more thoroughly. If you read and do some research, there are tons of threads here about customs experiences by members from lots of different countries.

Guys , his package has been stopped in a totaly DIFFERENT COUNTRY . The watch is now in Malysia not Australia! I think it was addressed incorrectly or taken off the aircraft at the wrong airport. In either case I am at a loss as to what the OP should do.I wish him luck though!

If the address is legible it should be forwarded on to him, or it could possibly end up being sent back to the sender. It is strange, but when it got sorted, it probably got thrown in the wrong container and ended up in  Malaysia instead of Australia.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the replies.

I believe the TD has sent me the wrong tracking number as its been updated to "attempted delivery" ... In Kuala Lumpur,

Chasing this up with the TD atm, hope my order has still been sent and its only a tracking number mixup

Will keep you guys updated!

Cheers and many thanks

Just an update- it turned out the Ems company had actually sent my watch to KL despite the proper address being on the box/package The tracking number was correct I complained to the TD who then complained to the shipping company. They faxed the note over and i received the watch today!! Thanks for all the responses guys! Wristies will be coming soon!