When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot v6 ss/ss subidal @3 problem

sputim

Finally received this beatiful Hublot v6 as a nice christmas present for myself :p The QC pictures of the watch looked great and the watch I have received is flawless with the only exception that the subdial @3 has changed somehow. When resetting the chronograph function it jumps back to the bottom instead of the top. I can't explain how this happened because the watch on the QC pictures didn't have this flaw :g: Anyone an idea how to fix that? I probably could change the subdial but since I am no true expert I am afraid of screwing up the nice dial. Any help is appreciated ;)

post-50919-0-51852900-1387704394_thumb.j

post-50919-0-86420500-1387704400_thumb.j

Thanks for your fast response! For me that seems to be the only explanation aswell but on the other hand the chronograph works perfectly and the subdial is not wobbling around in any way and it points perfectly down..like 180degrees swapped. Nevertheless, I am afraid thats the way I need to go. Is there something to observe when taking out the stem or does it work the same way as with the etas? I have done this before but never with an a7750. Moreover, can I lift the subdial off with an ordinary handsliftig tool or is there an other tool? Hope I can manage it without screwing up this beauty.

Thanks the watch is outstanding! In my eyes a true super rep :) I am just confused how this could have happened while shipping. Nevertheless, I have changed several dials so far but I am just afraid of this tiny and filigree subdial. Not so far but I intend to contact him today. However, shipping back from Switzerland is no option for me I guess?!

I opened the caseback and removed the rotor and wanted to remove the movement. But somehow I didn't manage to get the stem out. Had it in winding position and pressed gently the keyless release button down but even with some more force, the stem didn't move at all. Obviously I don't want to apply to much force, since I am scared of the keyless works issue that I probably encountered if I would do so. Any tips how I get out this stem in the right manner?

Cheers

I opened the caseback and removed the rotor and wanted to remove the movement. But somehow I didn't manage to get the stem out. Had it in winding position and pressed gently the keyless release button down but even with some more force, the stem didn't move at all. Obviously I don't want to apply to much force, since I am scared of the keyless works issue that I probably encountered if I would do so. Any tips how I get out this stem in the right manner?

Cheers

I can't help you with this mate. Did you contacted your dealer including the pictures of the subdial hand?  

Yes I did but and he kindly offered to send it back. Since I think Switzerland is to risky I want to send it back from Germany. Is there anybody who knows what this means finanically and how long it takes about? Nevertheless, I think sending it back from EU is quite risky, isn't it?

Besides that the watch is awesome and the updated xstal without the blue tint and the better hands give tha watch such a gen look and feel. Only flaw in my eyes is the subidal @6 with 4 instead of 3 small stripes.

Thanks for your help :D

I have no idea about shipping from EU to China. Is there any watchmaker in your area and if so, what does he charges to fix this?

Yes I know, it's very close to gen! I really love mine ;) If you wear the watch, the only visable flaw are those small stripes. But let's be honest, who can see that if it's on the wrist!? :p

Yeah I probably need to search a watchsmith but last time I called before and he agreed on fixing a rep. When he saw the bp sub he was a bit angry since his idea of reps were cheap 21j reps with flimsy breacelets and horrible dials. He fixed it but he left over an ugly scratch on the dial when he took of the hands (didn't use a paper or bergeon dial protector) Time has passed and I have acquired some tools and learnt to do so basic stuff on my own. I definitely don't wanna have the dial scratched of my hbb this is why I rather do it my self. Unfortunately, I really don't manage to get the stem out. Never had this problem with a watch before. So I will call some watchmakers after christmas.

Yes definitely no one will see that nor knows that it is ought to have 3 stripes haha. Most people in Switzerland not even know what a HBB is..and that in the country it originally originates from :bangin:;)