When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pictures from Tony (asian7750.com)

ProMariner

Here is Tony's reply: I just try it again , if the factory do not change ,I will make the refund to you , because we have change one , normally the factory will not change again regards tony I told him that I don't want refund. I want the watch, so hope the factory will accept if they don't I want him to send me this new watch with incorrect insert graduation alignment. So what I will do is probably order a BP Bezel insert from Andrew (trusty time) they look pretty good with thicker and deep marking. I hope it will be easy to install without removing all the bezel construction. It really pisses me off because I don't want a cheap rep. It costs me 175$ and If I wanted a cheap submariner ceramic with bezel insert incorrect there's a lot for 80$. But in another hand, the BP has some good points, the bezel construction is gen like and the new dial is pretty good with correct Officially Certified space. Here is picture that I forgot to post from the second QC pics: 3a7ypy4e.jpg

easy to install pull off the pearl then put a pin in the hole where the pearl was and pull up .it will lift off.clean the bezel wuth nail polish remover.and then glue the new insert with gs hypo cement
Thank you very much for the advice ! Hope I will get from them an insert correctly aligned which will match the dial markers

Lol I hope so. I also hope that Tony understood what I told him about refund.. I hope that if the factory will not accept another changing he will send me the watch as I told him. Sometime I feel like talkin to a wall with him .. :/

I would like also to change the movement.

This watch comes with a DG2813 21j 21600 bph : 

RX241b7.jpg

Do you think that i can change the movement and instal the dial and the hands on a DG4813 28800bph: 

pT0Rr.png

Here is what i found about this movementon RWI :

The DG4813 is a variation that runs at high beat. This is not a direct drop in replacement due to the canon pinion height and would need to be modified to work with most Rolex replicas. These were available for a short period of time in some Rolex replicas but seem to have been out of production for a while. You can still purchase a DG4813 from regular supply companies (CousinsUK/Ofrei) but would need to do a canon pinion swap with a DG2813 with high canon pins. 

But i did a little research on allwatchparts.com and I saw that the two movements, DG2813 and DG4813 have same hand sizes which is:  1520/1000/170

So i am a little bit confused..

Tony told me that the factory doesn't want to change the watch so I told him to send it to me, I will wear like that until I order from Andrew from TT a ceramic bezel that fit the watch. Andrew is selling for 25$ without shipment a 116610LN ceramic bezel and I asked him if it will fit a BP 114060 ceramic, here is his reply: Your watch model requires the insert with pearl and is usd55 shipped airmail a piece. Thanks I am confused. So is the bezel that I saw on his website will fit this BP submariner no date model ?

there is only one version of a bp sub c insert.but there is variation between them ,the insert that came on my bp sub c has a thinner font than the other 3 inserts i have.and one of the other insert had thinner font,also they are all different thickness ,one of my fits beautiful and flush all around the bezel,but the others the top part with the triangle is thinner than the end with the 30 number,so the to sits too low in the bezel and looks [censored].so its hit and miss to get a perfect insert that fits great and has perfect thick engravings.

So the best thing to do is at least ordering two insert to have better chance to get one well made. Before I order I will ask Andrew if he can send me one with thicker numerals hope he will understand. And concerning to upgrade the movement I think put on it instead of the 2813 a dg4813 high beat movement doesn't worth the effort..

oh i see now,you want to swap out the low beat 21j for the high beat 21j movement for smooth sweep.if this is the case you will need a new hand set and dwo as they are not a direct fit.the new highbeaet movement is basically a very cheap eta clone so takes eta hands etc

also ive heard the higher beat movement is not reliable.i have the 21j high beat movement in my bp sd its ok so far

Edited by live1

oh i see now,you want to swap out the low beat 21j for the high beat 21j movement for smooth sweep.if this is the case you will need a new hand set and dwo as they are not a direct fit.the new highbeaet movement is basically a very cheap eta clone so takes eta hands etc also ive heard the higher beat movement is not reliable.i have the 21j high beat movement in my bp sd its ok so far
Yes this is what I wanted to do. But I think an ETA will be better, there's hands on Ebay that fit 2836-2 with blue lume. What kind of Sea-dweller you have? A 1665 red ?

Tony has sent the watch, the factory didn't change it so I will mod the insert ! Tony's service is good but quiet slow, I think 2 weeks if it is not more passed since I ordered the watch. Hope I wil get it without any issues.