When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pictures from Tony (asian7750.com)

ProMariner

Hi I ordered from Tony a 114060 Ceramic Submariner no date (2012) and Tony sent me today QC pictures of it. I want your opinion on it. I told him to change it with another because of the pearl, it is not well centered. I am waiting he's reply. y4y5ejag.jpgru2a4u4y.jpg8y2e4eny.jpgme9uguqy.jpg Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest with you, I have never seen a good pearl on any of these low end reps. You best option is to step up to a TC sub, or replace the bezel insert yourself. There are better pearl options to be had in the aftermarket. None of the rep ones look very good.

Also, those pictures are way too small to inspect. They need to be hosted from somewhere other than tapatalk. Imgur works well for me.

I don't think TC build ceramic sub. I thought he was only on 16610LN and 16610LV. Pull off the ceramic insert is a tough task. And glueing the pearl would be messy.. So I hope he will find something better. What do you think about the numerals on the insert, they look thinner than gen no ? Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

I don't think TC build ceramic sub. I thought he was only on 16610LN and 16610LV.

Pull off the ceramic insert is a tough task. And glueing the pearl would be messy.. So I hope he will find something better. What do you think about the numerals on the insert, they look thinner than gen no ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

You are buying a rep. None of these cheaper reps are going to look 1:1 to gen without adding some gen parts and modding. Closer reps like ones that BK and TC mod start to get close and the cost reflects this. I think BK has the best Sub C offering at the moment but it's going to cost you at 560.00 + shipping. I have his GMT Master II-C and the insert is stunning. Well worth the cost and damn close to gen.  http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/165795-product-offering-noobfactory-sub-c-v2/  In this game you either pay out the nose to get close to gen, or learn to enjoy the lower end reps and accept that they will have minor flaws.

• Like 1

no disrespect to bk but he uses a noob sub c and that watch sucks imo .insert is a joke

Saying that something "sucks" and not offering a better suggestion doesn't really add much of value to the conversation. In my opinion he isn't going to get any better in that price range. It goes back to my original post which suggested purchasing an aftermarket insert and installing it himself but it sounds like work he doesn't want to do.

Removing the bezel assemble is pretty hard in those ceramic sub, the 16660/14060 are easier. And from what I know there's only the noob v2 sub c that has genuine like bezel assemble, so we will see how is the construction of this watch.. Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

i did suggest a better solution bp sub c.much more gen looking and half the price better case and insert.good bye
I choose BP because as you said their ceramic sub 114060 or 116610 are more gen like than the noob or any other rep Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Bp pearls are definitely not like the noob v2 but they are usually quite fine. Just refuse this awful insert and give it another chance! As previously mentioned the ceramic subs are not yet replicated to the highest end but for an untrained eye they pass very well. Enjoy your sub when you get it and merry christmas to all! :clap2:

Bp pearls are definitely not like the noob v2 but they are usually quite fine. Just refuse this awful insert and give it another chance! As previously mentioned the ceramic subs are not yet replicated to the highest end but for an untrained eye they pass very well. Enjoy your sub when you get it and merry christmas to all! :clap2:
I agree pearl on noob v2 is almost perfect (only gen is perfect lol). Tony told me that he will pick up another one with a better insert. So I am waiting. Thank you, merry Xmas to you Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

the other dude is giving bad advice he knows nothing but trys to insult ,the bp nodate and date sub c much more gen like than the crappy old noob nodate and the noob v2 eith bad sels and insert
I agree that noob v1 is low replicated, the v2 has some feature good feature like unique serial number but who gives a ** ? You won't take your noob v2 to Rolex. But the pearl is very well made. After this one I plan to buy another BP but a 116610LN this time. Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

New QC pics and the bezel insert is WORST -_-' It starting to pisses me off. So I asked to change it, he told me that he will refund the money. I said that I don't want refund but the watch that I order. In his website the picture of the watch is great and I ordered the watch that I saw why doesn't he understand -_-' Everytime they f***ed up with something. I know it's rep they will be always flaws but now it is becoming a joke .. yme4ysyd.jpgqymy9a6u.jpgume8a8ep.jpg

just pull the insert off its easy then reglue it on perfectly aligned.ive donr this plenty of times on this bp sub or get a refund and order it from andrew trusty,or sead ,etc
Once I had a parnis sterile ceramic sub date and I did this pulled off the pearl and reglue but there was a little bit of glue outside the insert and inside the glue was sticking the bezel with the case so it didn't turn very well. And this is something that no body want. So I asked him to try to pick up another one with another insert. I am waiting his reply. Keep you in touch !