When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega crown and tube question on Bond model

horologist

I am in the process of needing to replace a crown on a standard Omega Bond replica with an eta 2824 (40th anniversary model replica ) purchased from Silix and thought it would be safe to also buy the tube to make sure the threads are the same,  Prior to ordering one from a watch supply house or anywhere else,(even wtihout the logo as long as it works), I would like to know if the crown and tubes are standard to all such replica models?

Has anyone ever tried to fit ia genuine crown and tube on one of these models so that one can be sure of the size?

Does anyone know if  these models come with a screw in tube or a push in tube?

Forgive my ignorance and thank you for your patience.  Your feedback would be most apprecaited with many thanks in advance?

Omega seamaster screw down crown item number: OME-069ST42147

Omega tube item number: 090ST1231

Will fit the rep case.

they are push in tube

- your username is ironic lol 

maybe change to "not-a-horologist"

Thanks for your response with the part number and information to go with it which is very helpful.  As you are more failiar with such parts, i was wondering if you know how to go about ordering a generic crown and tube that will also do the exactly the same job as the genuine?  I am having difficulties finding that correct genuine crown and tube and was interested in more information as to how one goes about also ordering the generic version?  Thanks once again for your help 

Omega seamaster screw down crown item number: OME-069ST42147

Omega tube item number: 090ST1231

Will fit the rep case.

they are push in tube

- your username is ironic lol 

maybe change to "not-a-horologist"

Just got both the crown and tube from my local watch house supplier in the sealed capsule. 

When I removed it from the packaging,  I noticed that it is not a screw down crown.  Very dissapointed as the replica came with a screw down crown. 

Did the genuine model come with the normal crown or have I got the wrong parts number.  The genuine Omega reference number for this model is 2537.80.00

if you bought the right ones - i.e., the ones that I quote you.

They are screw down crown - the case tube is internally threaded (not like rolex which is externally threaded).

You should be able to screwn the crown into the case tube which is just like how the genuine piece works

Oh yes, I did check the inside of the case tube and that of the crown and there are no threads in the case tube nor in the crown itself.  I even tried to screw the crown onto the tube on both ends to make sure that there had to be a thread somewhere but no go.  The weren't cheap either,  Swatch Australia, even requested  AUS$25 for the courier fee to the watch supply house costing in total almost $AUS68 which was much cheaper than Ofrei quotng over $US100.  I have been trying to photograph it with my macro to show you, but somehow I do not have enough resolution on my camera.  The replica crown also has a spring to push into the tube, whereas the new one doesn't or maybe it is not meant to have it.

The parts ordered were OME-069ST42147 and 090ST1231 just as quoted.  Unless there is a remote possiblity that they may have stuffed up at the factory in the packaging department, one never knows, but needless to say, I am dissappointed.

Those are definitely the correct part numbers - I just checked again on ofrei and startime.

Did it come in its original seal packs? The back is the packs should have the part number, do they match?

I find it difficult to believe they sent you the wrong parts. Have you tried the other side of the tube? Only one end of the tube has the threading.

Did it come in its original seal packs? The back is the packs should have the part number, do they match?

Yes -  with the red OMEGA logo on the back plus matching parts numbers

. Have you tried the other side of the tube? Only one end of the tube has the threading.

Yes,  however, I am going to get in touch with Swatch group and ask them to resolve this as I am more inclined to believe that the case tube is the faulty piece and not the crown.  I will inform them that there is no thread in the case tube on neither side.  If no luck with them, I will try to order another case tube somewhere else as it was just under $3 and hopefully this will have the internal thread.  Not from ofrei or Swatch as the transient cost would be some 10 times more than what the part is worth

In any case, I thank you for your help as you are not to be blamed here.  I appreciate all your efforts in helping me sort this out.   Will keep you informed

Forgot to mention, that upon removing crown tube from the replica, the new tube was way too thin to be pressed in, as it is very loose. 

Are all genuine crown tubes the same size on the end that fits into the case????,

Otherwise I may not be able to fit in any genuine crown tubes in this watch case 

• 2 weeks later...