When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Refinishing Gen IWC 3717 case

netniet

On my Franken 3717 are some small marks on top of the bezel on the full gen case which I want to remove. I was thinking the way to do this is by removing the crystal, and then put some really fine sandpaper on a flat surface, and slowly move the bezel on the sandpaper until the marks are gone.

Is this a good option to do this, or are ther some better options to remove the marks?

post-51669-0-67663100-1388943262_thumb.j

post-51669-0-54411000-1388943273_thumb.j

post-51669-0-70676000-1388943292_thumb.j

On my Franken 3717 are some small marks on top of the bezel on the full gen case which I want to remove. I was thinking the way to do this is by removing the crystal, and then put some really fine sandpaper on a flat surface, and slowly move the bezel on the sandpaper until the marks are gone.

Is this a good option to do this, or are ther some better options to remove the marks?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

How did you made that many marks on a gen case like that.

These marks where already on the case when I bought it. It looks awefull on the photo's, but on the wrist it doesn't look that bad. I want to make it look almost as new again, so I can start wearing it again. It never left the watchbox since I got two Franken Rollies.

Good advice already given mate, I certainly think you can do it without crystal removal as long as your careful, real careful with it  ;)  the marks aren't that deep to be fair, just bug the crap out of ya thats all :inverted:  

I'd certainly try it with a rep case but why not just send it out for a professional refinish by someone ilke abcwatchworks?  Planning to do the same with my genstein.

Edit:  FYI I was quoted 100 bucks and mine has been a daily wearer for 2+ years now. 

Edited by Sxhawnn

Wet and dry and being careful should do it but it is not easy to keep the same 'pattern' and strength of brushing as the other areas. I would practice on a rep and if all else fails and you're not too heavy handed you can always get it done professionally 

Edited by rhc22