When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wis

jamesg

Watch Idiot Savant

Main Entry: idiot sa·vant

Pronunciation:

'E-"dyO-sä-'vän, or same as IDIOT and savant for respective singular and plural forms

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural idiots savants /-"dyO-sä-'vän(z)/; or idiot savants /-'vän(z)/

Etymology: French, literally, learned idiot

Date: 1927

1 : a mentally defective person who exhibits exceptional skill or brilliance in some limited field

2 : a person who is highly knowledgeable about one subject but knows little about anything else

JTB

nooooooo Jon the boy!!!

you gave it away too sooonnnnn.....

you're no fun anymore... =(

I know MVB – I’m usually one of the jokers in the pack when it comes to these things but alas today magnanimity was running through my very veins and I succumbed to drawing and sharing the milk from the bountiful udders of the great cow of human kindness.

I have been assured by the great WIS gods in the WIS sky that my deed of goodwill will be suitably rewarded in some splendiferous fashion in the very near future.

Failing this, I shall return to being the nauseating, cantankerous, arrogant bastard I once was.

Thank you

JTB

A WIS is one who can tell you the start up date of most Swiss watch companies but cannot remember his anniversary or his kids birthdays.

Can tell you the name, address and phone number of all the high-end watch stores in his home town, but cannot remember the same info re. a relatives residence.

Remembers to wind all his watches, but forgets to take out the garbage on garbage pick-up day.

Can recall every watch purchase and what he was doing at that time but cannot remember the dinner party he and his significant other are invited to that weekend.

Plans a vacation strictly around watch shopping;

Has the number of the Naval Observatory Master Clock on speed-dial, or worse memorizes it;

Buys magazines only for the watch ads, reads none of the articles;

Is on a first name basis with all the salespeople in the local watch stores;

Spends more time gazing at and fondling his new watch than he does his significant other;

Thinks about watches, not baseball, during coitus.

Has nightmares about Rolex world domination . . .

HAHA :bleh:

I wonder if you could make cheese out of it.

I live in France....

:lol: Ry, you've gone native!

I recall shopping with my GF in the Sunday market in StGeLaye, and perusing one of the (at least) twenty purveyors of cheese before finally asking for a cut of some Scandinavian hard cheese. The grande dame's welcoming smile turned to a sneer and disdain as we had commited the cardinal sin of the un-French.... buying cheese that was NOT a] French, b] almost liquid, and c] likely to be infested with a variety of gastrointestinal goodies such as listeria, E.coli et al.

I feel honoured to have been the cause today of so much unrest amongst the elder members!

Too much lactation going on around here for my liking :yuk:

JTB, I am disgusted with you <_< 3 months in, 50 posts, plus a Chavski fan to boot, and YOU just give him the answer???

Hang your head in shame :p

The grande dame's welcoming smile turned to a sneer and disdain as we had commited the cardinal sin of the un-French.... buying cheese that was NOT a] French, b] almost liquid, and c] likely to be infested with a variety of gastrointestinal goodies such as listeria, E.coli et al.

How right she was: the living proof that some people are NEVER satisfied.

A WIS is one who can tell you the start up date of most Swiss watch companies but cannot remember his anniversary or his kids birthdays.

Can tell you the name, address and phone number of all the high-end watch stores in his home town, but cannot remember the same info re. a relatives residence.

Remembers to wind all his watches, but forgets to take out the garbage on garbage pick-up day.

Can recall every watch purchase and what he was doing at that time but cannot remember the dinner party he and his significant other are invited to that weekend.

Plans a vacation strictly around watch shopping;

Has the number of the Naval Observatory Master Clock on speed-dial, or worse memorizes it;

Buys magazines only for the watch ads, reads none of the articles;

Is on a first name basis with all the salespeople in the local watch stores;

Spends more time gazing at and fondling his new watch than he does his significant other;

Thinks about watches, not baseball, during coitus.

Has nightmares about Rolex world domination . . .

HAHA :bleh:

I've been known to point out watch ads to 'my significant other' :black_eye: