When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the current gen luminor base price?

photon

Given that we have to ask if it is Gen , proves that the reps are of such a high standard these days that it's very very hard to tell. Given the basic movement being one of the cheapest ever and it's not even the H series engraved version, I am of the belief that gens of these classic/historics aren't really worth much more than our reps. Don't get me wrong i love a good base & have an 002 and 055 on regular rotation just feel these Panerai a little too pricey. Hope I'm not raining on your parade.

We can debate charging thousands for a 316L steel case with a 50 dollar movement all day but a Panerai watch is a Veblen good.  As it stands, if the OP were to purchase that piece at 3600AUD, he shouldn't have any problem selling it for at least as much, should he decide he wants to move on.

That's how I interpret fair price.

its a hard tell. The micro-screw on the top looks right with the hole in it and the swan-neck also looks correct. Where my doubt lies is at the color of the gems. The color of the gem for the Y cab isn't deep enough, and the bridges looks to rough. Again, it might just be the photo angle and lighting, so I wouldn't be sure if it was gen or not. 

Haha, it's gen. 100%. If not I will give it to you for free. I tell this because I bought this from an AD. Sorry guys, I am the seller and just wanted to know the current market price.

I thought one of you may pick the blue manual which is correct for all A-G series. Panerai started to use the gray booklet from H series but, in the early H series models such as mine came with the blue one...

Thanks guys for the comments and let's see how the bid goes.

Edited by photon

Haha, it's gen. 100%. If not I will give it to you for free. I tell this because I bought this from an AD. Sorry guys, I am the seller and just wanted to know the current market price.

I thought one of you may pick the blue manual which is correct for all A-G series. Panerai started to use the gray booklet from H series but, in the early H series models such as mine came with the blue one...

Thanks guys for the comments and let's see how the bid goes.

Lol, what