When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Authenticating a AP Diver Dial

sam1977

Help authenticating a Gen AP Diver Dial/Case

Hey guys, I have been given the opportunity to buy a gen dial for an AP Diver. I found it on a gen forum, but not really sure about it. It looks good, but so do rep dials, so I may pass.

I just wanted to get some feedback from ypu guys as to whether or not it is really a gen dial.

Also, if it is gen, will a modder even be able to make it work? Are the dimensions the same? Will the date wheel line up? I have never seen anyone franken a diver, so I am not sure...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sam

SSDiverDial_zps81be63ec.jpg

I got a few better pics. I expressed the interest in buying the whole set up today, and was told while removing the dial from the case he noticed a chip in the dial. He wants to have the dial checked out before selling it now. Not sure what t make of this...

Here are the pics.

SSDiverDial4_zps2a5f5cc4.jpg

SSDiverDial3_zpse0249e38.jpg

SSDiverDial2_zps1061cbe7.jpg

Maybe it's a stolen watch and the dial has a serial number on it that he was unaware of before he removed it... One explanation, or maybe it really does have a small chip

Thats a good point. I know he has used the hands from this watch to customize an FC Diver.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2