When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean 600M GMT

cornerstone

Have there been any reviews of the Planet Ocean GMT?  I'm sure there must have been but I just can't find them, I've been looking.

I gather the GMT on the dial is printed rather than raised.  Any other info?  Has anyone compared the colours on the GoodPlanet version?  Something looks off in the orange and blue, but I can't tell if it's the photos.  The gen I think is fantastic, I saw it in Singapore the other day.

I appreciate any help or finding links.

Just having the same thoughts as you, right now "cornerstone".

But with the difference that I would like to build a Franken using only a rep case set as basis.

Is a Liquid PO rep from the latest best version a good basis for such a build?

How about case thickness? That GMT complication would require some more rehaut height to accommodate the GMT hand ...

Wondering if genuine GMT parts like the hands, dial, bezel set are available from somewhere?

Would prefer to use a solid case back from other case/model versions as the transparent case back is quite a tell.

Which solid case backs would fit on a Liquid PO rep case?

Has anyone tried?

My gf's dad saw the gen and immediately fell in love with it. He knows i'm into reps so he asked me whether this model had a rep out already. I told him it's not even close to the gen, but nevertheless he asked me to get one for him.

I got the cheapie 21j version for around 130 bucks. He wanted the black bezel/dial combo with orange markers

This is the gen for reference:

Omega-Planet-Ocean-GMT-6.jpg

Here's the rep:

EHfRqbil.jpg

Immediately you can notice that the bezel color is off. The gen is a glossy black with silver-ish markers. On the rep, its more like a matte black/grey. Hands are thicker on the gen. The date window is more to the right on the gen. Pearl and crown looks wrong as well. The orange on the rep is darker, more red-orange compared to the brighter orange on the gen. The GMT text is also printed on the rep. 

wsoxCdMl.jpg

Shot of the back.

yUTdGfbl.jpg

Text on the clasp is wrong. On the gen, i think the text on the clasp is just "omega", nothing else. The particular one we got also has a crappy clasp which almost always opens itself every time after you lock it, which is why I took it out and stuck a nato on it.  :nono:

RqZ5lJGl.jpg

lume shot (sorry for the crap quality)

69a8drTl.jpg

As for the case size, the gen is 43.5mm. On the TD websites, they all state that it's 45mm. I don't have a caliper to measure it properly, but I lined it up beside a Sinn U1 (44mm) and a noob Sub-C (which is supposed to be 40mm i think) and it doesn't look too big. 

V2XRzCdl.jpg

Kinda disappointed with how it turned out, I think the gen is a great looking watch, and hopefully they can fix the issues.  :)

Edited by viiinz