When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swapping A Bezel Insert

bluespower

Thinking about swapping out the bezel insert on my Rolex GMT Master II. Looking for any guidance from those who have done this operation before to avoid buggering the bezels. I'd like to be able to switch back and forth between the red/blue and red/black.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks, BP

This could be kinda tricky. If you have a CN GMT where the bezel pops off easily, that's good. But getting the inserts to snap in and out and keep changing them might be a little tough. If the insert is glued in there, you're going to have to reglue the other one each time you put it on there. First step is going to be take off your present bezel and insert and see if the insert is glued to the bezel ring. If it is, your best bet is going to be get a second bezel ring and the second insert, glue them together and just swap the whole assembly each time. If the inserts snap in, eventually I would think they will quit snapping in good and start popping out. The inserts aren't really made to be constantly changed. In the long run, you might be better off getting two separate watches.