When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Time for a new watch. Which Rolex?

Liberacee

Hello you wonderful bunch.

So I've just sold the AP Stainless Diver, my daily watch for probably 3-4months, and despite being a great admirer of Audemars Piguet, I have always lusted after a small Rolex. I am IN LOVE with the presidential bracelet, and was thinking of a day date?

I don't know what case material, what face colour or increment type. If you guys would be so kind to share with myself and RWG you're personal favourite Rolex sitting on the presidential bracelet on this thread with any advice or guidance on the matter, I will virtually shake your hand! ;)

Thanks horologists!

-Spenny-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spenny

This is on its way back to me however it might be some time before I let her go as she is now quite a unique piece made even more unique by being fully waterproofed, relumed and a cyclops fitted by my good friend Kenny.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-67429300-1391035480_thumb.j

post-48021-0-58798100-1391035504_thumb.j

post-48021-0-44108200-1391035529_thumb.j

post-48021-0-12032300-1391035552_thumb.j

Spenny

This is on its way back to me however it might be some time before I let her go as she is now quite a unique piece made even more unique by being fully waterproofed, relumed and a cyclops fitted by my good friend Kenny.

Regards

AJ

Gorgeous piece AJ! What sort of strap are planning on putting on it? Rubber would suit the sportiness of the piece I think!

Spenny-

Like it, just won't buy a gold rep, I'd eat right thru that plating and then it be no good. But I'll probably be looking for a pres day/date this year. Bracelet to work, when I need to not wear scrubs, and put it on a nice black crock for nights out on the town.

Like it, just won't buy a gold rep, I'd eat right thru that plating and then it be no good. But I'll probably be looking for a pres day/date this year. Bracelet to work, when I need to not wear scrubs, and put it on a nice black crock for nights out on the town.

I know that's my dilema! Maybe a gen bracelet may have to be in order.. (I jest) Oh yeah that'll look good!

I have a Nato that matches, however have anew BK DSSD bracelet in SS to balance the weight of her.

She'll be here in a couple of days and I will share some photos of her suitably dressed!

Regards

AJ

Yes I'd love to see her AJ!

Spen-

Hi, if You´re looking for the classic dresswatch the Datejust II with fluted bezel in SS is perfect in white or deep blue. Sead (Supermirrors) has them in UK-stock during CNY with Asian 36 movement.

white Datejust II (Moonwatch:))

datejust2moonIMG_1603.jpg

Edited by Nightwatch

How about one like this. It can be had with a gold President bracelet as well. I also believe that a S/S model with a S/S president bracelet would be possible.

This one has a genuine dial,crystal, bezel, and crown and a gen 18K buckle. 

When you talk about solid 18K for the bracelet, you are talking big bucks. I have owned two genuine Day/Dates in the past, both on the 18K bracelets, and they will wear. they don't show wear like a plated bracelet, but over time the links will wear and develop stretch.  

post-327-0-28166400-1391044448_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-86600000-1391044464_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How about one like this. It can be had with a gold President bracelet as well. I also believe that a S/S model with a S/S president bracelet would be possible.

This one has a genuine dial,crystal, bezel, and crown and a gen 18K buckle.

When you talk about solid 18K for the bracelet, you are talking big bucks. I have owned two genuine Day/Dates in the past, both on the 18K bracelets, and they will wear. they don't show wear like a plated bracelet, but over time the links will wear and develop stretch.

attachicon.gif002a.jpg

attachicon.gif006a.jpg

Thats beautiful, even more so whilst picturing with the presidential bracelet, all I've heard are bad things about the rep bracelet? Does the gold rub off that quickly?!

Thats beautiful, even more so whilst picturing with the presidential bracelet, all I've heard are bad things about the rep bracelet? Does the gold rub off that quickly?!

Spenny,

I don't have the gold plated bracelet, as I wanted mine on a strap. The same person who built my Day/Date also built an Airking for my wife it has everything genuine except the hands, movement and the gold plated bracelet. She hardly ever wears it as she has a box full of watches of here own. Her daily wearer is a gen Tag Aquaracer with diamond bezel and dial.

Here is her Airking

post-327-0-37406400-1391046162_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-57494200-1391046177_thumb.jpg

Hi, if You´re looking for the classic dresswatch the Datejust II with fluted bezel in SS is perfect in white or deep blue. Sead (Supermirrors) has them in UK-stock during CNY with Asian 36 movement.

white Datejust II (Moonwatch:))

datejust2moonIMG_1603.jpg

Love this!! Thanks for sharing

Spenny-