When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newbie here Needs Advice on Top Gun 3799

Jaethomp

Hey guys. 

I just ordered my first rep the other day from Andrew and I'm looking for as many gen parts to upgrade when it arrives. Could any of you tell me what size strap I would need and where I could get a gen or as close to get alligator strap? I also am looking for gen crown and tube. Any other recommendations would be great also.

Thanks in advance ! 

Not always. I bought an IWC rep strap from a user here in this forum. It is really good. OK, for only double the price you get a fantastic strap from HKTan or Jacob. But it's also double the price...

We either have a different opinion about rep straps or your strap was aftermarket and not a rep.

All the rep straps that came with my watches were crap. 3717, Big Pilot 5002 & 5004, 3777, all the PAMs etc...

No, it is a rep strap because it has IWC signs. But it is aftermarket because it came without a watch. Look here and understand what I mean.

Do you have any pics of your strap ? They look great on the thread. How fast was shipping?

Edited by Jaethomp

Sorry, no pics at the moment. Maybe I take some. For me the strap looks great, but I got a black one, the green wasn't available at the time I ordered. Shipping was from france and it was fast.

Yes, I got mine from rolojack, yes it is very different from the straps that came from the TDs as "standard strap". Rolojack got this strap from a manufacturer in china, it has IWC signs and so it is no real aftermarket strap.

If you are looking for some fantastic aftermarket straps: I also got some straps from HKTan and from Jacob, both are "strap artists" IMHO and their work is brilliant. Not cheap and long waiting lists, but worth every euro and day of waiting!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...