When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help needed with Rolex 17000 oysterquartz

bristolmarc

Hi everyone

I need help with my oysterquartz 17000 franken project. I have managed to collect an original case and strap over the last couple of months and have put together a miyota quartz movement with a replica face. As you will see from the picture I am rubbish at this! Dial is misaligned and at an angle to the case, incorrect hand set, date wheel position does not match the dial date aperture (although would match the orignal oysterquartz dial)

What I am looking for is someone (preferably in the UK) who has the necessary skill to implant a movement, quartz or auto, in to this case to finish the project properly!

Any ideas for anyone trust worthy  who can do this for a sensible price would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Yes the automatic is a good option although the dials are different as the auto version has an additional ring. The proper dial diameter is 28.5mm but a normal datejust movement should fit! I am just a bit useless at the practical side! I am lucky enough to own one of JMB's oyster quartz projects and it is fitted with an eta with standard datejust dial.