When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WATCH SWAP/RENTAL

simonporsche

i remember chatting about this one year at a trade show in the uk  other costs here are a few i can remember 

Secure premises with safes to store the watches no one is going to send it to your house.

Most insurance companies  will want either a night guard or 24hr on site security. 

Who would delivery the watches will needed added insurance for that to .

Rent on business  premises .

VAT.

Uk Business rates.

Insurance.

Alarm and maintenance and monitoring  costs .

Fire Alarm and maintenance costs.

Safe installation isn't cheap neither are safes .

CCTV installation and monitoring.

Watchmaker costs again good ones are not cheap i( if i sent in a rolex id expect any polishing or repairs are carried out using Gen. rolex parts and authorised technicians)

Vetting costs you could not do it your self due to uk data protection act you would need to use a vetting agency .

There where  others but was a few years ago and the guys decided it just wouldn't work and they now just deal buying and selling vintage and modern swiss time pieces .

think working it out to cover all costs would need to charge between $80-$90 per month they also spoke about having a joining deposit  incase of damages think it was around $500 mark .

hope this helps for you