When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nobody is perfect

Rolexaddict

Hi folks,

In 3 years I have built dozens of watches and had only 4 with a return to fix a problem. I admit a problem could happen, I am not perfect,

However, I am a trusted dealer on RWG.bz and RWI with my own dealer/watchmaker section in both forums.

Terms of service are clearly explained concerning possible problems on watch buildings

I have members here on this board who have entrusted work to me, I thanks them,

But : I there is a flaw to fix, the logic is to send me back the watch so I can fix it. And not to give the watch to a third party and then send me the watch disassembled an ask me to repair,

This happened twice here, a third one will never happen, as the answer will be NO.

For any demand concerning building prices, time slots and orders, please refer to the conditions of warranty in my sections on RWI and RWG.bz before to place an order 

I completely agree.  Once your watch is taken to a third party (watchsmith and/or modder), then any warranty you may have provided are null and void.  It's only common sense.   Maybe the 3rd party modder f--ked up somewhere and then claims the damage or defect was there before he got it.

Case and point: The recent TC fiasco over on RWI regarding a "defect" in the case that was allegedly discovered by a modder.  

Regardless of the claim, it should be understood that once work begins by another party, they do so at their own risk, not yours.

I totally agree. With any product having and unauthorized entity work on a product in warranty will void the warranty. At the very least, sending a watch back that has been tampered with would constitute a new job with appropriate charges by you for your services. No one in their right mind should expect you to correct someone else's screwups, just because you worked on the watch before.