When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC v6- problem.

jack219

hi guys. 

plz try help me.

look at the pics attached of my new TC v6.

On one side of the watch (where is the crown)  the bezel tight to the midcase and on the other side there is little space between the bezel to midcase which is why the bezel slightly crooked on the midcase. there is no equally space between the bezel to midcase in all the sides. then there is illusion the crystal also looks crooked. On one side where the window date, the crystal is more bulgy while the other side is more internal.

how can i fix it?

btw- some watchmaker removed the bezel and installed back so maybe he maked it. but i really dont remember if  it was from the beginning or just after he played with my watch.

Thanks
Jack

post-54016-0-37940400-1392764130_thumb.j

post-54016-0-77108400-1392764135_thumb.j

post-54016-0-46025400-1392764141_thumb.j

post-54016-0-03827300-1392764146_thumb.j

post-54016-0-59434900-1392764151_thumb.j

There is a rubber O-ring gasket under the retaining ring. It looks to me that on one side, the gasket is not seated in the groove. As a result the retaining ring cannot seat down evenly. The o-ring is getting pinched.

The crystal retaining ring needs to be removed and re installed. You should of course replace the plastic 2.7mm(?) crystal gaskets everytime you remove the retaining ring.

• Like 3

Hi Jack, hope You can sort that out. Took a look at mine and it sits flush and tight, no gap or play at all like on those pics. Suggest to e-mail pictures to TC and ask him how to do/fix. It looks as if it is not pushed in enough, have read some people do it by hand but others need some kind of press to have it click in. Think dbane is right. Good luck.

tcbigDSC_9643.jpg

• Like 1

There is a rubber O-ring gasket under the retaining ring. It looks to me that on one side, the gasket is not seated in the groove. As a result the retaining ring cannot seat down evenly. The o-ring is getting pinched.

The crystal retaining ring needs to be removed and re installed. You should of course replace the plastic 2.7mm(?) crystal gaskets everytime you remove the retaining ring.

This is what I told Jack too, this watchmaker may of not ensured the gasket was securely seated, and its come off as he was pressing the bezel assembly onto the watch, this this gasket is not causing the gap one side.

• Like 1

thanks guys.

do you think must to replace the o ring gasket, or wartchmaker can straighten it and to assemble well?

Jack

I say redo it or have someone with the right tools do it for you. When I install these crystal retainers I always place the case upside down as it helps to keep the o-ring where it needs to be. Don't skimp on new gaskets and greasing o-rings. This always ensures that you're going to have better chances at water sealing.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is correct had it before with a v3

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!