When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ceramic fantasy milsub

aeromatic

As a contrast to my vintage sub builds i have added another Fantasy watch to the stable a ceramic milsub big crown , i dident want to start with a ceramic sub case and shave the cgs so i decided to use a helenarou (6538) sterile case ,the helenarou coin edge bezel could not take a ceramic bezel insert so my good friend Andreas came to the rescue and milled out a bezel using a stainless steel washer

I had a vision in mind of a milsub with a ceramic green insert to go with a nato green military strap so here it is !

post-27094-0-61022600-1392926056_thumb.j

post-27094-0-41388000-1392926191_thumb.j

post-27094-0-03530500-1392926193_thumb.j

post-27094-0-84399600-1392926360_thumb.j

post-27094-0-97017800-1392926362_thumb.j

post-27094-0-08224600-1392926365_thumb.j

post-27094-0-04231900-1392926367_thumb.j

Specs

Helenarou case

Homemade bezel by Andreas(member georgeloiz)

Panis carved green ceramic insert

Helenarou t- dial

Helenarou milsub hands

Gen 2824-2 eta movement

Green military style strap

Helenarou stock crystal with AR

Helenarou sterile big crown (i will change to a rolex logo crown later)

Thanks to Andreas 

Edited by aeromatic

It just needs a 8mm athaya crown & tube now brother ;)

Yes it does i have a helenarou rolex brevet big crown on my yuki 6538 i will put that on this watch and replace it with a athaya brevet !!!! as this watch has replaced larger bezel the athaya crown will sit close to the case and catch on the bezel

helenarou tubes stick out a lot !!

Actually i find the gen milsub insert to fussy with the all around markers i prefer the submariners clean simple look and besides this is not meant to be an exact replica it is a fantasy or homage to the milsub !!!

I like it just the way the bezel is now...

Looks good! You can matte it down a bit if you want to go for the "milsub no reflections look" but now is good

Great looking piece here.  Great colors and dig those hands.  Love the vintages with no date/cyclops.  I have been sourcing parts for a GMT 6542 Pepsi build and I am contemplating having custom white dial made with no date.  Be total fantasy watch but be cool to me.  The one off Pan Am no date GMT....Putting that on a nato as well.  

Great looking piece here.  Great colors and dig those hands.  Love the vintages with no date/cyclops.  I have been sourcing parts for a GMT 6542 Pepsi build and I am contemplating having custom white dial made with no date.  Be total fantasy watch but be cool to me.  The one off Pan Am no date GMT....Putting that on a nato as well.  

Thanks droptopman ! i am planning a GMT 6542 too pepsi and i would like to make it a no date JMB is engraving me the PAN-AM backcase i need a white dial and GMT movement custom white dial sounds great who can make them i was going to get a ingod dial but im not sure the date wheel will match up to the ETA gmt as they are made for gen rolex movements

Edited by aeromatic

Awesome! I have a feeling you've inspired a few folks to embark on similar builds. You've inspired me! :)

Thank you for your kind words ! i look forward to seeing them !!!! :)