When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Safari -Here's Mine

panerai153

I have been on a buying spree lately, picking up several AP,s , but the one I have had my eye on from the beginning was the Safari. I like the cream/off white dial and the black markers, nice contrast, to the dial, and easy to read. I was fortunate enough to see a Strap ad on RG a week or so ago for an HKTan  Hornback strap with a "no holes " buckle.  I PM'ed the seller, and before I could go back and check out the photos again, the thread was nuked because he didn't include a tagged photo. no problem, he contacted me and we made a deal. Then  last week, I was up early before going to work, and snagged a nice almost new Safari from another member on RG. Watch came in today, and I got the new strap attached, and took a few photos. I really like the watch, it wears just like my RGRC, except I find the thinner rubber strap on the RGRC to be much more comfortable. This Hornback is really thick from the lugs to about half way down the strap. May try loosening it one hole, or possibly try a different gator that is not a Hornback and is thinner. have to give it a few days to see how it breaks in. Aside from that I'm very happy with the watch.

Here are some photos:

post-327-0-90901500-1393294527_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-70298300-1393294551_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-44238500-1393294577_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-96261500-1393294598_thumb.jpgpost-327-0-51661500-1393294619_thumb.jpg

Nice but u might wanna re-screw the bezel screw at 11. Its not right.

Good pick up. It's going to get a service pretty soon, need to get a couple of others back so I'll have a watch to wear.  ;)I'll remind my watchsmith about the screw.

Thanks for the compliments guys.