When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Information request about Omega Rep - 2012 Seamaster 300m Pro, blue-c bezel

thomasoo

Hi,

I am currently looking for a new watch. I would like to turn to an Omega one which would be a very good rep.

I would be interested in getting the 2012 Seamaster 300m Pro blue ceramic bezel one, which is distributed by almost all TD's.

What do you about it? Is this model replicated good or are there any strong tells? Otherwise, should I turn to an UPO one?

Many thanks,

Thomas

If I recall correct, the blue bezel is painted (the black is proper ceramic). Tells are bezel indices being engraved and not flush, the pearl often sticks out too much (but can be pushed in), case back is not gen-like and hour indices are rounded (more flat on gen). But overall it's pretty ok, especially the black one. 

Common flaws are misaligned date wheel, and there's a batch of bezels where 12 and 6 o'clock don't line up. 

I've been thinking of getting this watch for about 4 months now.

Went so far as to contact Trevor about it, and he surprisingly told me he didn't recommend buying it, too many QC problems.

Another forum member, I forgot whom, also said he gave up buying one because after 4 rounds of QC pics from his dealer, there wasn't one watch that met his approval.

Then again I've read some reviews with photos in which people absolutely love their ceramic Seamaster, and it looks just perfect.

<shrug> I'm not sure what to do.

Many warm thanks to you all!

Well, I think I will turn to another Omega model, such as an UPO one (classic black one, 45mm, with rubber strap).

I just have to get updated and to choose a good model among all the models that are provided by the TD's!

If you want one look in the M2M sales section on the various rep sites, chances are someone has done all the hard work with the QC and you may get a bargain.

I have a fully inspected and moded SMP-c black from my personal collection I'm selling soon. Fully moded, adjusted and serviced so no QC issues. Like buying a gen watch. In immaculate showroom condition. Does include full box set and papers if you like. It would be like buying from an AD. Let me know if you are interested and I will send some pics.

Mark