When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi Guys, looking for a specific Pam 55

McBeardy

Hi guys, my first post on here, and thoug I'd ask the question. Whilst saving for a base Pam 000, which I hope to have the end of the year. I cam accross a now discontinued model the Pam 55, ti luminor case, solid case back, brown tobacco dial, painted base dial (no seconds sub dial) Now I know that the 000 is expensive for what it is. But I can't find anyone who does this specific model, so thought I'd ask on here.

Price wise isn't so much of an issue. I used to have a custom Getat which kept breaking every month or so, so I'd ideal like to spend money and get something that isn't going to let me down so a £200+ possible.

Any ideas? I've been looking at trusty time, but not sure on their reliability plus cannot see that model. Also slightly dubious do the Getat I had (which was always loud to)

Thanks Brad

>>Its not that accurate but the only Ti I have kept

Do you mean to say that it's not a super rep, or that it's not accurate at all ?

My definition of super rep is very different to "the RWG/RG/RWI" definition .   I consider my DSN 55 to be of exceptional quality , it was like my second panerai purchased in 08 , never had any issues with it never been serviced , still tight , still glows and has a swiss movement to me thats pretty super and a good ROI/TCO.

If you define being super as looking like  the GEN then it is not , I still regard it as a quality watch despite the obvious (to us !!) differences to the Gen 

Do you know how the trusty time/ perfect clone or DSN hold up? I'm after something which is pretty accurate, looks close to the original but reliable as well?

Is it better to go for a Swiss movement? Any advice would be welcome, movement & price to spend.

Both Dealers and watches would be good it's your choice

Perfect /trusty won't do Swiss

DSN may if you're lucky

Swiss is not needed for this movement

Thanks, as mentioned in my first post the getat homage I had did stop working every month or so & I kept having to take it to my local watch repairer to have a pin/ spring reattached.

As long as people recommend either of the above that's fine :)

Just reading through some of the post on the panerai part of this forum. What's the Noob version that everyone seems to mention, mainly compared to 111s?

Noobs on Puretime  is a factory

This is from the H factory http://www.p-cls.com/0pn061d02-061d-tobacco-brown-p-12948.html

its a spiral , i wouldn't recommend getting into the differences if you can help yourself

Noobs on Puretime is a factory

This is from the H factory http://www.p-cls.com/0pn061d02-061d-tobacco-brown-p-12948.html

its a spiral , i wouldn't recommend getting into the differences if you can help yourself

Lol thanks so to think I'll be ok from either dealer with the Asian movement. Just wanted the best for my money (excluded the real thing)