When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob 45mm Seamaster ocean planet clasp issue

snaaakeey

Hi all.

Got this watch a few weeks ago and I have now noticed the clasp extension groove has been cut too deep leaving hardly any metal to support the watch and bracelet. There is already a stress fracture mark on the reverse side of the link and it will only be a matter of time before it goes!

I have sent a request for a replacement ( I offered to pay too) part to Puretime but so far I have had no response so I thought I would take the initiative and ask what options are available to me. i.e. point me in the right direction to buy a replacement part or clasp.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thank

T

Ps I know I know! its Planet Ocean lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

post-62034-139403107972.jpg

post-62034-139403109105.jpg

Edited by snaaakeey

Puretime is a pain in the ass for replacement parts. I inquired about a replacement bezel for my PO and so far no answer. My 42mm has the same deep cut on the diver extension but I'm not sure it's an issue. It seems strong enough and although it appeared it had a mark on it as well, it wiped right off.

Cheer!

Know what you mean about puretime. Service on the selling side was bang on but communication and getting a replacement part is hard work. They have responded now and are going to ask the factory if they have a spare clasp. I would still buy from then though with a low expectation of after service care but hey, thats kind of par for the course in this hobby and the product (except for the failed link) is fantastic. My friends gen 8500 side by side with this one is a real close call.

On a side note. I couldn't find anyone (like cousinsuk etc) with the new clasp design yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

QC clasp issues have kept me from pulling the trigger on one of these PO bad boys for the past few years.

Maybe the only solution is just bite the bullet and pick up a gen clasp.  That is if you can get it to fit the bracelet.

Are you sure you want a rep then? Imo the Noob PO bracelet is one of the finest around. I'm confident in mine and haven't seen anyone's clasp break yet.

• 2 weeks later...