When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vac Problems

maxse

Guys I need your help.

I sent my watch to Vac and it was delivered Feb 22nd. I sent him 3 emails already since then inquiring about the status (the watch needed some work) and he has not responded a single time and I don't know what's going on.

Anyone had this happen or know what I should do? I know he has been on the forums for many years and this is very strange, but I was hoping to have my watch back soon or at least know what's going on with it.

My advice would be to give Vac some time to get back to you maxse, from my limited experience with modders they would rather be fixing watches than emailing us with any query we may have, that is until they are dealing with your piece mate  :) 

Vac is respected and well known across the boards, don't worry he will get in touch when he needs to........

Frankly that hasn't been a whole lot of time. I sent him and AP Diver on January 30th, probably took 3 days I'm sure he got it on Feb 3rd or 4th. I haven't even bothered to email him, I tracked it and it was delivered, so I'm not worried. He told me that the turnaround time would be 4 weeks, but from past experience, I figured a minimum of twice that time.  I'll probably wait a couple of weeks more and around the middle of March I'll email him and see what the progress is.

Not sure if you have ever used Vac before, but he is not the greatest in returning communications. Some folks have a hard time with this, others don't. I would wait a week or two and send him another email asking for a status report on your watch. Over the years, I have had a ton of watches modded, and generally speaking, none of these guys were very accurate with time estimates, or communication. Probably the best was Ziggy, because he had a person who sat at the computer and answered emails. Another thing you have to remember, most of these guys get a bunch of emails and PM's, quite a few of those are "tire kickers" and information miners, and have no intention of having a watch repaired. unfortunately, whether they are legit or not, the repair person has to sit down and answer all these Emails and PM's. Every time they stop to answer and email or a PM, they have to stop working on the watch on their bench. Enough time spent answering questions = no work getting done.  

Per Jkay in the Tag thread, Vac is one of the best and most reliable modders in North America.  But he has a huge workload, so you are best off just sending him your watch, and trust him to get the job done.  Might be a couple months at this point. . .

I would not be surprised at 3 months. Seriously. This is common knowledge. With Ziggy retiring, Vaccum has so much workload.

May I just say that genuine watches can go missing in a repair center for 5 months, so what is the problem here?

If you bombard him with email, he's just going to add you to his list of people not to help in the future.