When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP 18mm buckles

I'm sure this has been posted here before, but I'll take a chance. I'm not a terribly big fan of deployant buckles. I've had them on a lot of different watches, and frankly some are better than others. in fact some are just about as comfortable as a tang buckle. Unfortunately, on my wrist, I don't find the AP deployant to be particularly comfortable. I don't like the way it's curved, as it doesn't follow the contour of my wrist. Convenient yes, nice looking again yes, comfortable with these big top heavy watches, no. I would like to try a tang buckle on one of my ROO's just to see if it makes any difference comfort wise.

My question is outside of APBands is their any other supplier of  tank buckles that will fit a ROO Hornback strap? The APBands buckle looks nice and it's available in Satin PVD and Yellow (I suppose this is yellow gold?) downside is the buckles are 69.00 USD each, and the PVD is 79.00 USD. Sort of steep for a stainless steel buckle. I could use a couple and I'm sure there are other members who would like to try a tang buckle in place of the deployant.

Anyone have any leads?

I'm sure this has been posted here before, but I'll take a chance. I'm not a terribly big fan of deployant buckles. I've had them on a lot of different watches, and frankly some are better than others. in fact some are just about as comfortable as a tang buckle. Unfortunately, on my wrist, I don't find the AP deployant to be particularly comfortable. I don't like the way it's curved, as it doesn't follow the contour of my wrist. Convenient yes, nice looking again yes, comfortable with these big top heavy watches, no. I would like to try a tang buckle on one of my ROO's just to see if it makes any difference comfort wise.

My question is outside of APBands is their any other supplier of  tank buckles that will fit a ROO Hornback strap? The APBands buckle looks nice and it's available in Satin PVD and Yellow (I suppose this is yellow gold?) downside is the buckles are 69.00 USD each, and the PVD is 79.00 USD. Sort of steep for a stainless steel buckle. I could use a couple and I'm sure there are other members who would like to try a tang buckle in place of the deployant.

Anyone have any leads?

Yes mate, ebay has several 18mm buckles in all sorts of finishes. They would fit the ROO nicely. I know, because I ordered quite a few off the bay. 

Alternatively, you can try changing to a diver, GP or an aftermarket strap with a 24mm buckle end and fit a diver buckle. :)

Can you use APBands 18mm buckles on standard Roo rubber straps (i.e. Not APB straps?)
In case I didn't want to use deployant. The holes are just sooo small on the 18mm rubbers. Not sure if APB in house-straps have larger buckle holes?

Can you use APBands 18mm buckles on standard Roo rubber straps (i.e. Not APB straps?)

In case I didn't want to use deployant. The holes are just sooo small on the 18mm rubbers. Not sure if APB in house-straps have larger buckle holes?

Yes, the APB buckles would fit on standard rubber straps, rep or gen. :)

While the AP deployant buckle is not the most comfortable, i think it makes the watch look better and more high end. Not a fan of the regular tang buckle on the AP ROO. I have been lucky to locate 2 genuine AP deployant buckles (no holes on the side) and for some reason they are more comfortable than the rep deployants.

TimeShare

I am not opposed to deployants, one positive is you never have to worry about your watch slipping off your wrist and hitting the floor or counter top while trying to buckle it on. I do find that the rep deployant is not the most comfortable. I also think another factor that makes it uncomfortable is the thick stiff leather of the leather straps particularly the Hornbacks. I'm not sure a Tang buckle would help with that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk