When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Heure on the bay

coffindodger

I had two of them in the past...paid $40 for one and $75 for the other. One was stainless and one was black pvd over steel. Yacht timing rules have changed so the countdown times are no longer valid and they are nifty collector watches but I sold mine years ago. Saw a black one on WUS in May 2013 'like new' with box and hang tag but the selling price no longer shows.

IIrc they had Lemania 5100 base movements in them.

I used to have a few Heuers...Pasadena chronograph, Cortina chronograph, Camaro 2 register chronograph, two Regattas, one quartz diver in a big thick case from the 1980s before TAG Heuer along with some I did not write down. Now all I have are a few quartz TAG Heuer dive models and a T/H 1000 automatic diver missing the signed silvertone Eta 2824 winding rotor.

I paid $5 (!!) for the Camaro in November 2004 and traded it for a 5500 Air King in December 2004. Not a real smart trade looking back. I still have the AK and although they have come up a bit in price I doubt it will equal the Camaro.

A watch trader friend bought out a TAG Heuer/Movado dealer in 1997 and he had a lot of nib Heuer chronographs for around $200 each and I did not buy any chronographs...I bought a steel Movado with a Zenith 36000bph automatic movement and a bunch of TAG Heuer quartz diver models. I sold all the quartz TAG Heuer divers to GM and Toyota car salesmen in a flash!

The guy who wound up with the Movado still had it a few months ago asking $200, $50 more than he paid me for it 15+ years ago.

They are fine watches but after paying what I paid for mine...I simply can not see that kind of $$ for one today.

I did not sell all the good watches...bought a 'like new' stainless Universal Geneve Polerouter with original bracelet in May 1994 for $60USD. Still have it and it would probably sell for close to $1000 today.

I loaded up on Zodiac Sea Wolf dive watches but the absolutely horrible snap on case back kills them. 

It takes a sledge hammer and a wedge to get the case back off.  :hammer: