When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

French custom

laurent965

Yep, ignore them, or at most reply telling them to stop sending you threatening letters about watches you know nothing about or you will report them to the police for extortion :)

I totally would NOT do that.

Customs here are quite powerful and I would not play the idiot with them, there are the government and they need money.

Anyway that's only my 2 cts hey

I think your are right , in France it is a criminal offense to buy fake goods , it is punishable up to 3 years in jail , so I have to be very careful

Did you opt for the triangle shipping this time or are you going to take a chance on getting these through. I would be very careful, they let you off relatively easy the first time. I know 500 Euros is not pocket change, but it's a lot better than 14600 Euros. If you get caught again, I doubt that they will play nice with you like this time. Basically, the fine was a "Cease and Desist" Sort of like when you get stopped for speeding, and the cop gives you a warning and says "Don't let me catch you speeding again" Second time, he's going to come down hard on you. No amount of reps are worth spending time in jail!! 

Customs, anywhere in the world, still must follow the letter of the law.

The need some kind of proof before they can charge anyone of importing illegal goods, a package sent to your address is not proof.

Ken

• Like 1

Just to remove any doubt for anyone who didn't see the smilie after my post, I (obviously) wasn't being serious,

Why inflame any situation with no benefit?

Ken is quite correct though, unless customs have the web traffic that 100% conclusively shows the order coming from your computer they have no conclusive proof and therefore cannot prove without any doubt that you ordered the watches.

In the UK we have citizen advice centers where we can go and ask for legal (and other) advice for free, if you have something similar it would be worth your while asking them what do they recommend you do, as you have received these letters that seem to be from customs and they are about goods you did not order and have no knowledge about.