When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT IIC More modding !

panerai153

Back last year, I modded my GMT IIC  with the addition of a genuine Bezel/insert and crystal. several folks commented that the dial wasn't very good and there were others out there that were better. later in the year, I had the opportunity to acquire a genuine dial. my ultimate plans were to replace the movement with a correct hand stack movement and the genuine dial. I searched for a movement but was not able to find one. Also sneed12 who did all the modding on my watch wasn't sure that a CHS movement would work, as it was thicker than the ICHS movement and the genuine dial was also thicker. after thinking about it, I decided to go forward with the dial swap, and forgo the CHS movement. I sent the watch and dial up to Sneed12 and  a couple of days ago, I got my GMT back. The genuine dial definitely makes a difference, although you need to know the differences, there are differences between the rep and the gen dial.

Here are a few photos of the "new" GMT IIC

post-327-0-53241000-1396474967_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-18411600-1396474989_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-97439700-1396474942_thumb.jpg

Looks great. The print on the dial looks crisp. Great lume. I assume that ceramic insert was big $$$. That is a sharp looking time piece. Cannot wait for the rep of the new Pepsi GMT II.

It's a genuine dial!! It looks a thousand times better in real life. Unfortunately, no matter how good your photos are, the forums website compresses the hell out of photos. Can't complain though, as it would take a huge amount of bandwidth to support photos that are 700-800 kb or bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can tell. Starting to be able to see some of the subtle differences as I spend more time here. You always have great pieces and taste. Not to mention the high quality photos:)Even with reduced file size. I love the vintage stuff but also really like the ceramic inserts. I plan to do a project x on the ceramic Pepsi model. Shaved cg's and lug holes. Be a vintage modern fusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice. This looks awesome. Sneed is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. What version was your base watch? I have the Noob V2 and I'm not sure if a gen spec crystal will fit mine.

I'm not sure, sneed had the case, my original case would not accept a gen bezel assembly. Like a lot of our rep stuff, it looked almost identical, but it wasn't. I believe the BP GMT IIC's will accept gen parts. I believe that's what sneed told me when we were looking to make the original mods which was the gen crystal and the bezel/insert.

Yeah, if you owned this one for a while I bet you had a Noob.  Did it have a Z serial number?  Until the BP came out the Noob was the best available, but I'm pretty sure the gen crystal and Noob case don't like each other.

Looks fantastic after the mods.  Are you using your original hands?  Did you get a relume on the hands to match the hue and strength of the gen dial?