When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what kind of movement have i got ? helpp!

stepanok

hi everyone
i bought 2 "vintage" rolex ( a millgauss and a sub ).....i got the qc pictures everything looked fine and sent the ok. I was looking at the appearance and possible flaws on the watches but didnt read the timegraph readings..... It was next day ( yesterday ) that looking at the pictures again i realized that the beat rate for both watches was 21.600. The description on the watches stated ,AAsian Clone Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph Asian Clone Eta 2836-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph....doesnt that make the 21.600 wrong?...have i been sold a 2813 but charged for a 2836-2 ??.....or perhaps a Re-conditioned Swiss Eta 2846, 17J, 21600bph ?....the watches are on their way and i cant be sure about what i got...any suggestions and ideas of how to deal with this???????.......................help.!!

thanks

Probably the wrong movement in it. Yup you will learn from such mistakes and they won't happen again. Most probably not the dealer's fault but the factory. That's why qc pictures exist that we can check on them. We can't expect the dealers to know exactly which movement we have ordered and so we check it ourselves. Sorry to hear probably you can get a partial refund form your dealer. But first wait until you receive your watches ;)

Probably the wrong movement in it. Yup you will learn from such mistakes and they won't happen again. Most probably not the dealer's fault but the factory. That's why qc pictures exist that we can check on them. We can't expect the dealers to know exactly which movement we have ordered and so we check it ourselves. Sorry to hear probably you can get a partial refund form your dealer. But first wait until you receive your watches ;)

so you think its not a good idea to send an email and try to clarify it??

if the beat rate says 21,600 then the movement is low beat 21j 2813 so tell your dealer the watches won't have been sent yet as Chinese are on hols till Monday so still time to sort it.

thank you for the ifo...i just emailed the TD and hope to have the matter worked out...hopefully!....

sorry everyone for needing more advice..but im at a loss......i contacted the dealer...she said she would check.....she told me the watches were sent yesterday and cant be replaced,,,,BUT...she said she contacted the factory and the watches have ( what i suspected )...2846 modified movements..so 21.600.....but still.....all ive heard about reconditioned 2846 is that they are crap...is that true??....i still dont get what i paid for.....please advise!!!

thanks.

If they are indeed 2846, they are ETA movements. These are old movements, some of them are probably worn out, but for sure they will require a service, as they are going to be dirty and the lubricants will be gone or dry: If the movements are in good condition aside from needing a service, they should be fine after a service. Because of their age, no guarantee that they will be around for the long haul.I have a couple of them in vintage Rolex watches, mine were taken out of new old stock watches, so after being serviced, they were essentially brand new movements /

If these are older 2846 movements, they are easy to service and strong work horses. Plus they beat at the correct rate for a vintage Rolex. So you are doing great at this point. The dealer should edit their web site to reflect the true movement.

• Like 1