When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming from Andrew at Trusty Time

Derek Mc

Hi folks, 

Been lurking for a while but wanted to share my latest exploit's.

I have been collecting replicas since the bad old days of street stalls, and just discovered the forums and trusted Dealer sites in the past few weeks.  I have quite a few "good" watches but wanted to really go the extra mile and so after a long hunt and a brand switch Tag to Omega, I settled with Andrew at Trusty Time and the CrPO 42mm

I am waiting for QC pics and have read all the posts good and bad and decided that I was going to go BP rather than Noob as I just "like" the matt bezel that bit more.

So, I will update you as I progress and let you know how I find my experience with Andrew, as this will be far from my last purchase :)

Thats the one! I wanted to go for the orange numerals but something inside made me go chrome!

It won't be a strict daily beater as I have 7 that I switch about (three are all good rep's) but it will take pride of place as one of the MOST recognizable watches out there I think :)

I've had the BP and currently have 3 Noob's. The Noob's can have some issues (markers, pearl glass not always applied well) but if you get a good one then it beats the BP hands down in my opinion.

Interesting, it does come across that way, but, for now, I went BP (I have never spent SO much on a replica ever!!) and am sitting waiting for it to arrive.

To any BP wearer, how do you adjust the strap on BP I know Noob's are a huge pain?  I need to remove 4 links, as I have tiny wrists LMAO

I don't see how Noob's would be harder, they're essentially the same. Unscrew tiny screw left or right, pin should fall out. If not, unscrew left and right and push it through. Very simple, much more practical than the old bracelets.

Mmmm,,,, seems OK I have a set up and tools loup and pushers.  Thanks that makes me feel better :)

X2!   I had to take one link out and it took some searching to find a screw that I could get to come out without damaging anything.   Just go easy and take your time.   

Yup it's a bp from andrew..a very fine watch and just be patient when adjusting the bracelet! It works but it can be hard ;)

X2!   I had to take one link out and it took some searching to find a screw that I could get to come out without damaging anything.   Just go easy and take your time.   

If it is tight, I will whip it along to a local watchsmith, infact with the way I think about this watch, I may do that anyway!! :)

I'm sorry, but I wasn't kidding when I said it was very simple. And I mean simple as in a five year old could do it. If you need to visit a watchmaker to adjust a (and specifically this) bracelet then... wow.

Thing is if the screws on the bracelet are super tight as indicated, I would not want to trash them when I can get someone with quality tools to do it with lesser risk of damage?

I'd suggest investing in a decent set of precision screwdrivers then. It's all you need for this. Even if you have a basic interest in watches it's something you will want or need, now or in the future. A watchmaker can't do much more about this than you can.

• Like 1

I'd suggest investing in a decent set of precision screwdrivers then. It's all you need for this. Even if you have a basic interest in watches it's something you will want or need, now or in the future. A watchmaker can't do much more about this than you can.

Cool thanks. It's reassuring, I am fine tearing down and rebuilding BMW engines small block Chrevy's and the like so this shouldn't pose a problem, LMAO :bangin:

BP and Noob are two different factories.

To my knowledge the Noob is closest to the gen.

As said BP and Noob are the factories.  I spent days weighing up between them as they are so close, what one has the other lacks (but to say that I am really splitting hairs! as they are both truly incredible in detail. 

Andrew at TT has sorted me on a CrPO 42mm as I felt the more matt bezel and the visible AR were my choice on this this one, next time I may well go with Noob, so for me for this time Andrew and BP are the way forward.