When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heritage Big Crown Case Work

droptopman

Hi guys, some of you may remember this watch from 3 raffles ago.  Build by a forum member, then won in the raffle and I was able to purchase from the winner.  Unfortunately triangle at 12 floating upon arrival--not complaining sure it happened in shipping.  Actually this is the third piece in a row that had issues upon arrival, no complaints, i read the noob stuff when I started and understand this is part of this hobby. 

Since I can't wear it, decided to work on the case.  I have sanded then polished then sanded then polished about 50 times.  I wanted to smooth out the edges, crown and bezel, then give it a fresh polish.  Other than working on bracelets, this is the first time I have really messed with any of my watches.  This was a lot of work about 12 hours of time.  I think it turned out great.  This one is going on a rubber B strap.  Let me know what you think.  Will be sending to mymanmatt in the morning along with the other watch that needs to be fixed.  Here are some pictures:

post-60288-0-24651300-1397325856_thumb.j

post-60288-0-13361300-1397325884_thumb.j

post-60288-0-29521100-1397325913_thumb.j

post-60288-0-15858100-1397325942_thumb.j

post-60288-0-01822100-1397326033_thumb.j

Spent more time on it. Looks better now but packaged up to send to Matt. Will post some picks when it comes back and is ready for wrist time. All day on this thing. Thankful wife is out of town.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, Wet dry sand paper, then fine wire brush, then dremel wool pad with auto body rubbing compound medium then fine mesh, then mothers mag wheel polish. The mothers works great on anything metal. Then repeat all processes several times. Finished with soft buff pad and maquires yellow carnauba wax. Dremel works great for this but you need a bunch of different pads.

And a lot of time and patience. Unfortunately I took some of the platinum off the insert so may have to redo that but not sure yet as it kind of makes it looked aged like the case. Wish I had more confidence to take off bezel and crystal to fix the dial issue but spent quit a bit of $$$ on this one so chicken **** and will send to Matt to fix. Someday soon I will take one apart just not this one:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk