When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob LMPO - winding issues and gen parts questions

aarvidsson

Hi all, I've recently taken delivery of a Noob LMPO from Torobravos, and I love it. I'm a bit curious about something though; when I screw the crown back after manual winding, the watch gets wound all the way until the crown is screwed in tight. Is this normal, or should the stem decouple from the winding mechanism in some way after pushing the crown all the way in to fasten it?

I'm also curious to find out what gen parts are possible to graft onto a Noob LMPO? Is there a list of what parts are compatible out of the box or similar that I've simply been unable to find?

When you are screwing in the crown, the movement should not still be winding. If it is, the stem length could be off, of there is a crown issue.

Several people have posted that the LMPO is the new go-to watch for using as a base to build a PO franken. The gen parts are supposed to fit. There is a great guide from R2D4 on the genuine part numbers. Omega parts are readily available from places like Ofrei.

I'm not sure if the LMPO parts are as easily available.

There are plenty of build threads on this watch. Search a bit and you'll find all the info you need to get started.

Ah, crap. As I suspected, then, something is off in the movement. Now for the thousand dollar question: is this something that needs to be taken care of, or is it more of a cosmetic issue?

I'll check out the R2D4 thread, and thank you for your time!

*edit* And to answer my own question: it seems that the stem is a tad too short, and this is a common problem with the POs. Several members seems to experience said problem, but I could find no-one who actually have had issues with the movement due to this. I can only surmise that this is more of a cometic issue then, and I'll wear the watch in very good health. 

I searched for "short stem" in the Omega subforum, should anyone want to read the threads I read.

Edited by aarvidsson

• 3 weeks later...