When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Luminor 1950 Gmt Eight Days...

lello

Exactlly... It's like they tried to include as many features as possible without being cared for the design.

I understand what you mean and I respect your opinion, but I can't agree with you, because despite to all the features, they managed to keep the design very sober.

Thats I think is why the GMT hand is black and small and no GMT scale is there, but a very small and elegant night/day indicator.

If you campare this dial to a chrono + date, this is much simpler.

Its natural that we don't have all the same taste, but it's a shame, as if we were all enthusiasts, they would maybe produce the rep. :(

Different strokes for different folks on this one. I, for one, am one of the substantial few, thinks that this watch looks great but I wouldnt go as far as to purchase a genuine... at least not now. Granted that they have an in-house p2002 movement on this one, I still would not fork out the cash to get one myself. However, if they were to have the movement on a base, I might just consider it. Personally, I would go with "less" features and thinks that "less" is better when it comes to Panerai. However, for those are strong opiniated about thinking this watch is ugly, I suggest if given the opportunity, give this watch a go in person. This watch needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. The dial looks cluttered on pics, and with the "fangs" (linear power reserve), I initially thought, like many of you, that this has to be the poorest design ever when I first saw it in pics. My opinion changed when I got it in my hands in person.

People who don't like this watch, must be people who don't like Panerai, as this has in it a concentrate of the Panerai best:

Sandwitch dial, 1950 case, 8 days PR indicator, noght/day display, GMT and manual winding...

What more do you want to see in a watch?

That is a gutsy comment right here. There are a bunch of die-hard paneristis who are adamant about the Panerai watches produced after Richmont took over the Vendome group and are deeply rooted purely to Pre-Vs Panerai watches. They love Panerai but do not like the direction it has taken over the years. Well, u can't please everyone. :)

People who don't like this watch, must be people who don't like Panerai, as this has in it a concentrate of the Panerai best:

Sandwitch dial, 1950 case, 8 days PR indicator, noght/day display, GMT and manual winding...

What more do you want to see in a watch?

Always interesting seeking these subjective opinions Lello :D

FWIW, I've said it before but personally if they insisted on this arrangement, I'd have liked at least to have seen a bit more creative design/styling ingenuity in terms of how they present all those features. Looks like it was designed by an amateur playing about with dial configuration software.

In my mind, it is an aesthetically-awkward amalgamation that is somehow less than the sum of its constitutent parts...or to put it another way, the 'Mr Potato-Head' of Panerai models.

166326-10902.jpg

Always interesting seeking these subjective opinions Lello :D

FWIW, I've said it before but personally if they insisted on this arrangement, I'd have liked at least to have seen a bit more creative design/styling ingenuity in terms of how they present all those features. Looks like it was designed by an amateur playing about with dial configuration software.

In my mind, it is an aesthetically-awkward amalgamation that is somehow less than the sum of its constitutent parts...or to put it another way, the 'Mr Potato-Head' of Panerai models.

166329-10901.jpg

... and Panerai could be looked at by some (I used to be one of them) as the Mr Potatohead of watches :lol:

I like the watch. But like I said ---------------- a Faux 8-day? on a Panerai. This is getting everybody excited?

Usil

Am I missing something here? :unsure:

Thought we were just debating (again) the merits of this particular new model (i.e. genuine), which is worthy of debate. That one comment aside, seriously no-one is really considering the hows of somehow repping this ugly child using a faux movt.? Surely not, that's even more :thumbdown: than the styling of the genuine :whistling:

However, for those are strong opiniated about thinking this watch is ugly, I suggest if given the opportunity, give this watch a go in person. This watch needs to be seen in person to be appreciated. The dial looks cluttered on pics, and with the "fangs" (linear power reserve)

I agree.. it may be different when you see it in person.. that's why when i said my opinion is based on photos ;)

to my surprise a AD in my town had this watch -

i spend the weekend drolling over it ....

but the one an only classic 1950 is by far imho

the nicer watch :)

Frank

If I were to choose 1950 (PAM127) & PAM203, I would go for the 203. IMO, the 203 is the one and only classic (for now... ). Too bad, the limited production and outrageous secondary market prices are a major turnoff. To be clear, I am not one of the sour potential buyers who are [censored] with the handling and distribution of the 203. :lol: Although it is considered a classic in my books, I doubt I would fork out that much to make a purchase for one. And no, I wouldnt even buy it just to flip the watch.