When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

005 with donerix strap

Koko

Hi panerai,153,

Thx, The shots could be better. :). I changed into originals but always read the threads in the Forum.

After the black bay was out I couldnt resist. Regretting giving away my beloved 111 sausage dial unitas, I also ordered the pam 005 which is now my daily beater. My next will be the noob 111 and noob 243. In my opinion these are the most accurate watches OTB.

Greetings

Koko

Thx, indeed. The strap makes the difference. There is a Sinn strap at my Speedy. After getting the new strap for my pam, i dont like it anymore. I will also Order a strap from Eric for it.

Greetings koko

post-597-0-99672800-1397895207_thumb.jpg

Edited by Koko

Those reps have come a long way since then, I got my first 111 in March 2005 from Edie Lee, modded with nice CG and Crown, I still have it, don't wear it anymore since it's not that accurate but still a cool piece of rep history. The same year I got Gen 111 for $2700 + some change on my trip to Italy, haha... can you believe it? Sold it for way, way, way... more then that.

Like your strap a lot, I was thinking of having a new custom sized Donerix Grey Canvas strap made as well.

Right now my favorite "out of the box" rep is definitely 390, super accurate and serviced keeps better time then the Gen 111 did.

But I have an ultimate custom built 5218/202a PVD Grail which has all the best custom made parts, PVD done by the same place Panerai used in the 90's, Swiss sealed movement that came straight from ETA that won't loose or gain time even after a full week, for me this is a priceless piece since Gen's are now upwards $100K, i would not trade that for even a Gen 111. Ha.... Reps are cool.

Edited by lfovco

Yes You are right. Reps are better now. I began in 2002/2003 in a German Forum. Maria (mbw) was in this. There i was called zett. There have been very very good reps. But often you had to do some Mods. some Mods i did. by myself to get them better. (E.g. Rolex Crown guard mod, new tubes new crowns, cyclops etc.... But now i like the out of the box watches especially panerai.

Yes, the 390 is realy close. Send a Shot if you got it. My next One will be the 356. Not as Perfect as the 390 but I like it very much.

Greetings Koko

Those reps have come a long way since then, I got my first 111 in March 2005 from Edie Lee, modded with nice CG and Crown, I still have it, don't wear it anymore since it's not that accurate but still a cool piece of rep history. The same year I got Gen 111 for $2700 + some change on my trip to Italy, haha... can you believe it? Sold it for way, way, way... more then that.

Like your strap a lot, I was thinking of having a new custom sized Donerix Grey Canvas strap made as well.

Right now my favorite "out of the box" rep is definitely 390, super accurate and serviced keeps better time then the Gen 111 did.

But I have an ultimate custom built 5218/202a PVD Grail which has all the best custom made parts, PVD done by the same place Panerai used in the 90's, Swiss sealed movement that came straight from ETA that won't loose or gain time even after a full week, for me this is a priceless piece since Gen's are now upwards $100K, i would not trade that for even a Gen 111. Ha.... Reps are cool.

Eric is a very nice guy.