When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New PAM 389 from Toro

astonjenks

So earlier this week the new PAM 389 arrived from Toro (another 2 days from HK to UK by DHL) and I must say that I am very pleased with her.

My only criticism is the bezel mechanism is not as smooth as the Bronzo from the same ZF factory and also supplied by Toro however apart from that it is a beautiful and very comfy watch.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-47471400-1398451736_thumb.j

post-48021-0-54954700-1398451747_thumb.j

post-48021-0-00741200-1398451773_thumb.j

post-48021-0-35304200-1398451785_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dang AJ you had to do it to me! Nice pieces! Now I must get both! Hmmm now which one first??????Here ZF is releasing V2 of the Bronzo so maybe get the 389 first????Also the KV Bronzo is looking sweet and rumor has it they have a V2 coming as well.

Dang AJ you had to do it to me! Nice pieces! Now I must get both! Hmmm now which one first??????Here ZF is releasing V2 of the Bronzo so maybe get the 389 first????Also the KV Bronzo is looking sweet and rumor has it they have a V2 coming as well.

I second AJ's sentiment about getting both. I have the 389 and the ZF 382 and I couldn't be happier with the pair.

Get the 389 first and see what happens over the next little while with possible new versions of the 382.

Happy hunting!

The Bronzo i s agreat watch that you can play with and refinish!

Look at how mine is currently, great patination!

AJ

Hey AJ! How did you get the patina to shine like that?

Spray on foam oven cleaner and a dip in the sea!

Make sure your watch is waterproof and leave in foam (Mr Muscle) overnight. It comes out very dark and then I use a really fine polish to do the edges and gently polish the rest! Its as simple as that.

Regards

AJ

• 3 months later...

KV 389 out now! Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I have the kw v3 bronzo, a most excellent iteration of the 382 I must say.

I also considered the 389, 305, and 364 before settling finally on the 364. The decision was made based on accuracy and build quality. 

I have no idea how good or bad the kw version of the 389 would be, but it is a submersible that I have always liked to own. I held off purchasing it due to the quality of the current version. 

• 1 month later...

I am a happy owner of a beautiful KW382, running smooth and Ok since novenber.

After reading the pros and cons of both. I choosed the KW version, again. I love big 47mm KWs :-).

Supperior finishing compared to ZF.

I would consider KW as a high quality rep , only by fixing case shape issue (somehow frustrating, since the watch is pretty well finished). On the other hand you need a side by side comp. to appreciate those unacuracies/differences.

Also I´m not fond of the combo : "light weight titanium / noisy asian rotor" ,  it gives something like "el cheapo"  flavour.

IMHO...

if you already own the ZF, do not worry to much about the new KW, enjoy it , you already have a nice rep.

if you are going to buy now, go for the KW.

Edited by JMC

• 2 weeks later...