When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I fix this keyless problem?

Stag

Hi,

I fixed a hand misalignment problem on a cheap sub, but when the time came to recase the movement, I could not remove the stem by pressing the release button.

Searched the forum, plenty of threads on stems that will not go back in due to depressing the button too hard and stuffing up the keyless works, but could not find anything on stems that will not release.

Anyway, removed the hands again, then removed the dial, stopped short of removing the date wheel.

Underside of button appears to be sitting inside a fork arm, should the button be sitting on one of the arms?

Movement is a 21j, could be a DG 2813, not sure.

Any advice much appreciated

post-46478-0-77699900-1398564978_thumb.jpost-46478-0-75968200-1398565014_thumb.jpost-46478-0-11683000-1398565061_thumb.j

Busted another keyless myself last night. Brand new watch, never even worn. So frustrating. I will attempt to fix this one. There are some great threads with step by step instructions in this forum. What i want to know is who is the idiot engineer that designed a release system that is so finicky. Drives me crazy. Every time i even touch that little button to release the stem i start sweating.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mikemcnair

Carefully remove the C clip holding the DW on the pinion, and then follow any standard DIY for a keyless R&R.

For the C clip, I suggest putting the whole movement in a zip-lock bag, closing it tightly, and using the small tool of your choosing to remove the clip. This way, WHEN (not IF) it goes flying off into orbit it does not go further than the confines of the bag.

Best of luck sir.

-Michael

Edited by mikemcnair